Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 82
  1. #26
    VOA Member
    since 2018
    Southern California
    Tech Team
    Dan Cragin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Santa Monica Ca
    Posts
    748
    I think all the Gen 5 spares were used to build the last big rush of vehicle orders before the model was discontinued.

    Dodge went bankrupt at one point and did pay the parts vendors. Its hard to ask a vendor to make more parts when you stiffed them.

    We had times at the dealer when a car was under warranty, but the part we needed was discontinued.
    specialtyperformanceteam.com
    310-597-6295

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cragin View Post

    We had times at the dealer when a car was under warranty, but the part we needed was discontinued.
    So what happens then?

  3. #28
    Enthusiast Pappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas/Phoenix
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    Hopefully you bought 20.

    We're having a hell of a time at my store getting diesel oil, diesel filters and select vehicle filters. It's nuts. I run Wix on my VCC, I bought 25 or so last fall.
    I have an association with a diesel shop that is a distributor for Petrol Canada. Their diesel oil is very high quality, and it is all imported from Canada, So far no problem with availability. They even provide diesel oil to several of the local dealerships because they can't get normal US brands. They tell me that the problem with US diesel oil is lack of additives that were produced in Louisiana, a plant that has been shut down due to damage. Their contention is that this is really effecting Mobil and Shell in particular. All word of mouth.

    Pappy
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

  4. #29
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    13COBRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    3,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    I have an association with a diesel shop that is a distributor for Petrol Canada. Their diesel oil is very high quality, and it is all imported from Canada, So far no problem with availability. They even provide diesel oil to several of the local dealerships because they can't get normal US brands. They tell me that the problem with US diesel oil is lack of additives that were produced in Louisiana, a plant that has been shut down due to damage. Their contention is that this is really effecting Mobil and Shell in particular. All word of mouth.

    Pappy
    You're 100% accurate. I believe the damage was a hurricane or something similar.
    Nick Anderson

    VCC #003

  5. #30
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Downingtown, PA
    Posts
    1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by swexlin View Post
    The answer is no, they don't care. This was another reason (the first being Cable wanted to buy my car, LOL) that I sold. I knew the Viper, which was never well supported nor like by FCA or most dealer in the first place, would become an expensive garage sculpture as parts were discontinued. And yes good luck on getting the new engine under warrnty....or a ECU computer if it blows.
    Some decent foresight on your part. Hard life lesson to pay $200k+ for an ACR and have it totaled after a rock cracks your windshield and you can't find a replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by Policy Limits View Post
    Just did my seventh oil change. For the first time it was extremely difficult to find a filter.
    You know it's not necessary to change your oil when it just sits on a lift right?
    Last edited by Murpowa; 06-02-2022 at 02:33 PM.

  6. #31
    Enthusiast GTS Dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New Braunfels, TX
    Posts
    1,631
    A lot of folks will never believe that about premium oils.
    96 GTS. Viper Days Modified Class. Fresh motor 10-2020!

  7. #32
    This has been going on long before COVID. I would never buy another FCA product again...this was my second and last Mopar The sad reality is that they can care less about their customers...it's all about the dollar. Wasted money on a warranty. No dealer within an hour and a half drive would service my car...you mention it's a Viper and they scramble because they know sourcing parts is a shit show. You call FCA to let them know that no dealer will work on your car, they say, "well, all the dealers are independently owned and we can't force them to work on your car". Okay...???? What about parts? "Sorry, but we don't know when or if the part will be available. We have changed vendors that manufacture the part. Hopefully they will manufacture the part soon" Say what? 3 ring circus. I don't understand the brand loyalty here.

  8. #33
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    13COBRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    3,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen5snake View Post
    This has been going on long before COVID. I would never buy another FCA product again...this was my second and last Mopar The sad reality is that they can care less about their customers...it's all about the dollar. Wasted money on a warranty. No dealer within an hour and a half drive would service my car...you mention it's a Viper and they scramble because they know sourcing parts is a shit show. You call FCA to let them know that no dealer will work on your car, they say, "well, all the dealers are independently owned and we can't force them to work on your car". Okay...???? What about parts? "Sorry, but we don't know when or if the part will be available. We have changed vendors that manufacture the part. Hopefully they will manufacture the part soon" Say what? 3 ring circus. I don't understand the brand loyalty here.

    The part issue isn't Stellantis specific, it's across the board.

    Dealers can refuse to work on a car, it's their business, they can do as they please.

    What part are you waiting on?
    Nick Anderson

    VCC #003

  9. #34
    Enthusiast SA Heat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Bulverde, Texas
    Posts
    724
    Just ordered four 05038041AA oil filters from CARiD. Even with the high shipping rates, four became about the same price per unit as the dealer and only a dollar or so more than Amazon was when they were in stock pre-COVID. Because of the flat shipping rate, the more you buy the cheaper they become each.

    As far as it goes for other parts, you can find just about anything you'll ever need if you're resourceful and patient, and there are a lot of resources on this forum as well.
    2009 Viper Red ACR w/stripe delete & black/red interior (1 of 1)
    1997 b/w GTS....sold
    2005 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII, not stock

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    The part issue isn't Stellantis specific, it's across the board.

    Dealers can refuse to work on a car, it's their business, they can do as they please.

    What part are you waiting on?

    The part supply issue for Vipers was an issue way before COVID. This by no means is a new issue. It was for a sidewinder II wheel...when parts for other cars were plentiful. I think SWII wheels are available now for twice the price. They had zero for over two years...which I had many back and forth conversations with the NA CEO's assistant. I since found a used one because I wasn't going to dry dock my car for two years waiting for a new one when they could not assure me that they were going to make them again...and I wasn't going to buy a whole new set of different pattern wheels either. Try to find a rocker panel or in another post, an electric door latch. For a dealer to refuse work on a car is douchey. I managed operations for large companies, I get the concept, but it's certainly not customer focused and shame on FCA for not rattling the dealers cages for not servicing their products.

  11. #36
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    New England
    daveg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen5snake View Post
    I would never buy another FCA product again...this was my second and last Mopar
    I as well. Especially a Jeep. I know someone who has a new one and its going back in the shop for a third time. 4 wheel drive issue, car going into limp mode, Check engine light on etc..
    Last edited by daveg; 06-03-2022 at 01:21 PM.
    96 GTS (# 33, Bone Stock), 66 Mustang Convertible, 66 Mustang Hardtop, 69 Corvette Roadster

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by SA Heat View Post
    As far as it goes for other parts, you can find just about anything you'll ever need if you're resourceful and patient, and there are a lot of resources on this forum as well.
    Ive found this to be my experience also for the most part.

  13. #38
    Enthusiast StrokerAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    895
    Sounds like a parted out Gen V is worth more in pieces than the sum of its parts. lol
    2013 GTS
    2018 RAM 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by StrokerAce View Post
    Sounds like a parted out Gen V is worth more in pieces than the sum of its parts. lol
    HA HA HA! I love my beast, but I'm afraid to drive it now. It's too bad FCA pisses on the Cheerios. Production is too low for aftermarket manufactures to go through the trouble of making parts...and being profitable. I wonder if the machinery to make body panels is still around somewhere. I don't need the parts now, but I'm always a contingency planner.

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Murpowa View Post



    You know it's not necessary to change your oil when it just sits on a lift right?
    My ACR Extreme has thousands of miles on the odometer. You should have purchased one when they were only 100k. Now they are 300k and continue to climb...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    Hopefully you bought 20.

    We're having a hell of a time at my store getting diesel oil, diesel filters and select vehicle filters. It's nuts. I run Wix on my VCC, I bought 25 or so last fall.
    Good move.
    #6 of 11 Roanoke Special Edition ACR Extreme

  16. #41
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    13COBRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    3,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen5snake View Post
    HA HA HA! I love my beast, but I'm afraid to drive it now. It's too bad FCA pisses on the Cheerios. Production is too low for aftermarket manufactures to go through the trouble of making parts...and being profitable. I wonder if the machinery to make body panels is still around somewhere. I don't need the parts now, but I'm always a contingency planner.
    Afraid to drive it? Sell it. Why would you want to own a car for afraid to drive?
    Nick Anderson

    VCC #003

  17. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    Afraid to drive it? Sell it. Why would you want to own a car for afraid to drive?
    So if some moron hits my car, you're going to sell me the body panels off your car right? Sell it?...why?... I don't need to. Why don't you ask all the car collectors of the world that same question? Being nervous to drive a car automatically warrants a sale? I'm sure many other Viper owners have that same reservation.
    Last edited by Gen5snake; 06-03-2022 at 11:01 AM.

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Policy Limits View Post
    My ACR Extreme has thousands of miles on the odometer.
    2,000 miles is hardly something to brag about

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen5snake View Post
    So if some moron hits my car, you're going to sell me the body panels off your car right? Sell it?...why?... I don't need to. Why don't you ask all the car collectors of the world that same question? Being nervous to drive a car automatically warrants a sale? I'm sure many other Viper owners have that same reservation.
    Not me.. I drive mine every day and love it. Between all the Gen V's i've owned I have about 80k+ miles behind the wheel of Gen V Vipers. Theyre fantastic machines!

  20. #45
    VOA Member
    since 2019
    Georgia
    BSLSK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    308
    Love driving and racking miles on mine. The concern is always lingering in the back of my mind though. Agreed value insurance does offer some comfort and I will deal with whatever happens when it happens.
    2014 GTS

  21. #46
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    New Jersey
    mikesax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    626
    Man- I drive the SHIT out of my Vipers! Had about 20,000 miles on my 13 and 14 before I traded them in! Now I'm at 63,000 on my 15 and 14,000 on one of my 17's and 2,000 on my other 17! That's about 120,000 problem free miles-except for the window regulators on my 15 both going out about 50,000 miles! However- I'd probably be seriously BENT if replacement parts were unavailable! This filter SAGA is bullshit-I hope its not indicative of whats to come! Not in my nature to worry-but the older I get the more disappointed I get in the LAMEASS excuses people have in regards to everything that to me should be common sense! Guess I better stock up on some basic commodity parts- EFFIN RIDICLOUS though! Oh well- time will tell - it ALWAYS DOES- hopefully there will be enough basic parts available in the future-miles of smiles to you all!

  22. #47
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    ViperGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesax View Post
    Man- I drive the SHIT out of my Vipers! Had about 20,000 miles on my 13 and 14 before I traded them in! Now I'm at 63,000 on my 15 and 14,000 on one of my 17's and 2,000 on my other 17! That's about 120,000 problem free miles-except for the window regulators on my 15 both going out about 50,000 miles! However- I'd probably be seriously BENT if replacement parts were unavailable! This filter SAGA is bullshit-I hope its not indicative of whats to come! Not in my nature to worry-but the older I get the more disappointed I get in the LAMEASS excuses people have in regards to everything that to me should be common sense! Guess I better stock up on some basic commodity parts- EFFIN RIDICLOUS though! Oh well- time will tell - it ALWAYS DOES- hopefully there will be enough basic parts available in the future-miles of smiles to you all!
    Oil filters are not the end of the world but yes it is stupid that Mopar doesn't have basic parts. I couldn't find a regular filter for my wife's GC SRT. The dealers didn't have any. They tried to sell me some brand I never heard of. Ended up getting the last one at Advance. JonB at Partsrack does have SRT filters for all year Vipers. Give him a call if you need a couple.

    Big problem is window regulators. That is real BS. There are at least 30 of one side on national back order (forget which side) but actually neither side is available from Mopar. Wayne has a couple of Vipers that need window regulators and they have less than 500 miles on them. Fortunately he has a couple already after all he and D'Ann have like 80 Vipers. The window regulators are pure crap. Lousy design for sure.
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's

  23. #48
    Horrible that we are only 5 years out of production and we can’t get basic parts. I don’t see this getting any better unfortunately.

  24. #49
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    ViperGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    3,481
    I sent an email off to a couple of SRT engineers I know and asked them to forward it to the FCA parts manager. I told them of all the parts that are either discontinued or unavailable that I know of and told them FCA is pissing off some of their best customers. Not just of Viper but of Dodges, Jeeps, and Rams. I own them all.

    If he comes back and blames this on Covid I'll scream. Discontinuing parts has nothing to do with Covid.
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's

  25. #50
    When everything is hybrid, plug in and electric next year it will be still be so satisfying to have a V10 with a stick
    #6 of 11 Roanoke Special Edition ACR Extreme


 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •