Regional Membership Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky

FYI Low number 1992 R T 10 will enter market shortly

...details to be provided later by person selling the car of behalf of original owner. At this point, I have been told that it has indeed been driven within last year...and the records I checked showed mileage of 25,000+ was reported in 2007. Car is located on the west coast.

More info to follow in a day or two.

"This has been a public service announcement"
    I don't send or receive "PM's" since I prefer DIRECT communication.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    UPDATE from another forum as posted by the gentleman who is helping his friend with this transaction:

"Good to speak with you also. Been getting some attention already. I am going to make sure this car goes to the right home while getting my guy the best price. The owner is kind of a ham and loves telling stories. I really encourage truly interested parties to drive up and look at the car talk with my client man-to-man (or they-to-cis man in case this is a real PC crowd) offer a fair market price with a hearty handshake and express that the car is being purchased as a keeper not a flip. He is old school and this is the way for best results. The car is in Calaveras County. Otherwise I am happy to communicate and cooperate with any serious party through the web!"

Any more info?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Not yet. Will be happy to put you in touch with the gentleman helping with the sale.
    Last edited by Steve-Indy; 06-24-2022 at 06:29 AM.

Steve, do you happen to know the chassis #? I have number 035 and always happy to see an early vin pop up. I can also add it to my ‘92 registry I am working on if the current owner is okay with that

Quote Originally Posted by Viperbrad View Post
    Steve, do you happen to know the chassis #? I have number 035 and always happy to see an early vin pop up. I can also add it to my ‘92 registry I am working on if the current owner is okay with that
    Curious, what all are you collecting on the 92's (and by Chassis # is that something different than the VIN)

NV100020 is the one I think Steve is referring to
    #78 on the VOA
    @jeffgardner on Truth Social

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Viperbrad and Viper Jeff...Jeff is correct on the VIN.

Hey Jeff,

We’ve spoken before but I think it’s been a few years. I’m trying to build a full list of all VIN#s including the MDH and at least a little bit of info & history on each car. I stopped trying to gain info on each car for a while but I’m back at it now that I have more time to work on it all. I plan on making a post really soon with a good list of all ‘92s, although there are many chassis that I don’t have any info on yet.

I also meant to order a book from you when you released them and about to order the book from you.

I tend to say chassis # but I truly mean VIN # since I’ve been able to find cases where they weren’t built in sequence like I originally thought.
    ‘92 Viper #035, 96 GTS, ‘91 Diablo
    Previous Vipers owned: 2000 RT/10, ‘03 SRT-10, ‘96 GTS
    Currently building a registry of all ‘92 Vipers

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-Indy View Post
    Viperbrad and Viper Jeff...Jeff is correct on the VIN.
    Thanks for clarifying! I too would like to get in touch with the person helping with the sale.

Enthusiast
    What the hell is a viper truck? Dodge never made viper trucks. Am I missing something?
    /''[ ]''|[___|___]
    [---T-- L -OlllllllO-]
    ()_)"""()_)/''''''''''\)_)

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky

viper truck

Quote Originally Posted by dave6666 View Post
    What the hell is a viper truck? Dodge never made viper trucks. Am I missing something?
    They made viper trucks from 2004 to 2006 with the Gen3 engine. they made a few special editions as well. A very cool truck!!!

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Central North Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper vince View Post
    They made viper trucks from 2004 to 2006 with the Gen3 engine. they made a few special editions as well. A very cool truck!!!
    They made SRT-10 versions of the Ram 1500, they were not named Viper but rather Viper powered.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Central North Florida
    Regarding sequence on the assembly line it would be next to impossible to determine that from available information unless the build sheets were available for each. The MDH is applied when the vehicle passes final inspection. Not all vehicles go to repair and due to unequal time in repair following final assembly the MDH does not align with sequencing.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT View Post
    The MDH is applied when the vehicle passes final inspection. Not all vehicles go to repair and due to unequal time in repair following final assembly the MDH does not align with sequencing.
    Was it always that way? I always assumed that the MDH was assigned when the vehicle's chassis started at Station #1 on the line. I have photos of my GTS on the line with roof and rear quarters attached but no doors a little over a week after Indy. The MDH indicates it was on the line (edit: the Wednesday after) Race Day in '96.
    Last edited by GTS Dean; 06-26-2022 at 01:13 PM.
    96 GTS. Viper Days Modified Class. Fresh motor 10-2020!

I use the MDH simply because it is a direct and verifiable connection to the car by looking at the VIN tag on the drivers door. Is it the perfect answer, oh hell no. 100 years from now people will still argue over the build orders and all that crap and there will be zero documentation to back up the various stories using up to 7 of the other build dates that are out there for each car. I think anyone that has the determination in to gather all that information has far more determination than I had and I wish them all success. The data will be invaluable to those that have interest and mindless trash to all the rest.

The books are ok only if the methods match your methods, 100% of it is probably still available online. It just takes time

Time edit

When I started only needed the last eight, now the entire 17 digit VIN is needed. Those that have the patience can quickly identify how to determine the first 9 to include the check digit (well, it was easy for me anyhow)

I know how long it took to do every year of the Viper and RAM SRT-10 (aka Viper Truck, bastard child, joke, or whatever), if someone here has the stones to follow those steps, awesome. It still doesn't get you the MDH. That is a whole new level of effort. If you're a dealer, you'll have that covered.

The above links from time to time change, it requires a bit of digging to see where they have moved it. The above links also work on vehicles other than Vipers and RAM SRT-10's that are in the FCA world

Let the games begin

After 42,001 of them..... glad it's over

Then the hard part started, breaking down each equipment list. May God have Mercy and quiet your anger

Vj
    Last edited by ViperJeff; 06-26-2022 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Time edit on resource
    #78 on the VOA
    @jeffgardner on Truth Social

Lots of people looking for 92’s now. Getting pretty difficult to find. I’m sure the seller will do well and get it sold quickly.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Central North Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
    Was it always that way? I always assumed that the MDH was assigned when the vehicle's chassis started at Station #1 on the line. I have photos of my GTS on the line with roof and rear quarters attached but no doors a little over a week after Indy. The MDH indicates it was on the line the Friday before Race Day in '96. IIRC, the factory was closed for a week or more after the race.
    My recollection is the MDH is applied when the vehicle achieves J status or vehicle built OK.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    In the blurred photo of the door sticker on this vehicle the MDH appears to be 041616

Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT View Post
    Regarding sequence on the assembly line it would be next to impossible to determine that from available information unless the build sheets were available for each. The MDH is applied when the vehicle passes final inspection. Not all vehicles go to repair and due to unequal time in repair following final assembly the MDH does not align with sequencing.
    So is it safe to say that all ‘92 Vipers were actually built in sequence matching VIN # order and that several have a later MDH date due to being sent to repair following final assembly?

Also, maybe you can help out with this: While building my registry, I am trying to get every MDH code that I can to build a timeline for the ‘92s. What is the 3 digit number after the 6 digit MDH? So far I have numbers 109, 245, 244 & 310. Most MDH’s I have logged have 310 after the 6 digit code.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    TO CLOSE THIS OPEN LOOP, I will post here a conversation from another forum:

"Hello everyone. I have been up to visit my client and have news that probably isnt great. I will post pictures today. The pictures are not terrible really but the car is no museum piece. With under 30,000 miles the car has been well enjoyed by the man who owns it. None of this is a problem. Cars are meant to be enjoyed and driven. There are some some scuffs, cracks, and chipping in the paint. There is nominal wear and tear on the interior. None of this is a problem.

What is a problem is that this is not a $100,000 car to the buying public but is every bit of a $100,000 car to my client. The idea that he has this car to his name should be understood by members. He is proud to own a first year Viper and the only thing that is going to give him as good of a feeling as owning the first year Viper is him selling it at top market price. I can relate. I have a 1953 Dodge Pickup sitting on my farm in Calaveras County and you can see it from the highway. I get monthly calls from some poor soul who takes the time to research the property owner and call me hoping that I will part with the truck that is just sitting in the field. I wont and I have passed up offers well above what it is actually worth. I just like an old truck in my field.

So, for discussion purposes and for the general knowledge of what is happing with one particular owner who has the means to brush off $70k offers for what is surely a depreciating asset (sorry if I offended some of you), I will post the pictures this afternoon. I respectfully request you refrain from public messages or messages to me telling me he is delusional and out of his mind. I already know this. But he is my client and, above this, a very dear friend so my job is to back his wishes.

Thanks for your time and understanding."

AND MY RESPONSE:
    "Having had the benefit and privilege of being on a speakerphone call with the owner and Scott yesterday, I fully understand and appreciate the owner's position...as so well articulated in Scott's post.

It can be very hard to part with something one loves...let alone put a price on it that others understand and/or agree with.

Best regards to All !!"

Post some pics

Here is 0002 in a July 4th all-American tribute I did for the big 3. I hope to be with Bob next month.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    17 GTS-R, (sold) 92 Viper, (Lutz VIN 00002) , 06 Heritage Ford GT, 19 Ferrari 488 Pista,
    20 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ 18 Ford GT (sold); 19 Ferrari 812 Superfast

Nice collection of Americana!
    97 Viper GTS --- 99 YZF R1 --- 00 R1100 RT --- 01 Bullet C500 --- 07 Ram 1500 MegaCab --- 09 Triumph America --- 13 Outback 3.6R --- 22 Cybertruck DM