Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Enthusiast Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    ST JO MO
    Posts
    412

    Removal of stock rear diffuser

    Are there any instructions on removal of stock rear diffuser and reinstall?
    This piece…
    43210901-B8D1-42EC-82EB-3F8F280B9830.jpg

  2. #2
    Enthusiast Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    ST JO MO
    Posts
    412
    Bump…

  3. #3
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    13COBRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    3,261
    Can't be that hard.

    I would start towards the font where you can see those clips. At that point, I'm sure there's clips towards the rear at the bumper cover. I'd say a quick inspection will show you exactly how it comes off.
    Nick Anderson

    VCC #003

  4. #4
    Enthusiast Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    ST JO MO
    Posts
    412
    I’m sure it’s easy but anything I attempt like this never turns out easy LOL
    I’m wondering if the rear bumper has to come off or not…

  5. #5
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    13COBRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    3,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    I’m sure it’s easy but anything I attempt like this never turns out easy LOL
    I’m wondering if the rear bumper has to come off or not…

    Doubtful. In fact, I almost guarantee it doesn't.

    Drive it down tomorrow and I'll help you out.
    Nick Anderson

    VCC #003

  6. #6
    Enthusiast Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    ST JO MO
    Posts
    412
    I just bought it and won’t be delivered till next week sometime, don’t even have the tracking number yet, but I will defiinately take you up in that offer if you can still do that after I receive it.

  7. #7
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    13COBRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    3,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    I just bought it and won’t be delivered till next week sometime, don’t even have the tracking number yet, but I will defiinately take you up in that offer if you can still do that after I receive it.
    Sure! Just let me know. Would be more than happy to assist.
    Nick Anderson

    VCC #003

  8. #8
    Enthusiast Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    ST JO MO
    Posts
    412
    Nice, thank you!
    You do know I have to take the rear diffuser off and put on the new one, correct?

  9. #9
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    13COBRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    3,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Nice, thank you!
    You do know I have to take the rear diffuser off and put on the new one, correct?
    Yes sir.
    Nick Anderson

    VCC #003

  10. #10
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT
    ViperTony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,703
    This may or may not be helpful but attached instructions from the service manual.
    RearFasciaRemoval.pdf
    RearWheelHouseSplashShieldRemoval.pdf
    PanelTrunkTrimRemoval.pdf
    2016 ACR "ACR Steve White" by Woodhouse
    2001 RT/10 Greg Good Heads+Built Engine+Cam+Ported Intake and other goodies

  11. #11
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    ViperGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperTony View Post
    This may or may not be helpful but attached instructions from the service manual.
    RearFasciaRemoval.pdf
    RearWheelHouseSplashShieldRemoval.pdf
    PanelTrunkTrimRemoval.pdf
    Somewhat off topic but how did you manage to create a pdf of these instructions from the digital manual. I have not been able to figure that out.
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's

  12. #12
    Enthusiast Lawineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    879
    If you remove the wheel wells you’ll have access to the inside. For some reason I think that’s where some of the bolts are.
    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, ACR sways, carbon stuff, TA spoiler.
    2014 BRZ: Race/track car. Full retarded. 2016 Lexus GX460: Full boring

  13. #13
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT
    ViperTony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,703
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperGeorge View Post
    Somewhat off topic but how did you manage to create a pdf of these instructions from the digital manual. I have not been able to figure that out.
    I use IE11 to access the service manual. On any page, right mouse button, Print. In the list of printers, select PDF. This is on a Windows 10 computer. I'm also testing Edge with compatibility mode since IE11 is deprecated.
    2016 ACR "ACR Steve White" by Woodhouse
    2001 RT/10 Greg Good Heads+Built Engine+Cam+Ported Intake and other goodies

  14. #14
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    ViperGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperTony View Post
    I use IE11 to access the service manual. On any page, right mouse button, Print. In the list of printers, select PDF. This is on a Windows 10 computer. I'm also testing Edge with compatibility mode since IE11 is deprecated.
    Just tried this and it worked! Thanks! One more question, how do you get Edge to work in compatibility mode? Based on my limited research you need to have a corporate license.
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's

  15. #15
    -remove rear tires and wheel well covers
    -from the trunk area remove the back panel, where the trunk lights are, to access some plastic wing nuts that hold the rear applique and bumper together
    -after taking the wheel wells you have access to some 10 mm bolts that hold the bumper to the body, really tight fit
    -from underneath, remove every single screw that you see


    Took my bumper off a couple of years ago, this is what I remembered

  16. #16
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT
    ViperTony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,703
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperGeorge View Post
    Just tried this and it worked! Thanks! One more question, how do you get Edge to work in compatibility mode? Based on my limited research you need to have a corporate license.
    I'm tweaking the code embedded in web pages. Gonna be a little while.
    2016 ACR "ACR Steve White" by Woodhouse
    2001 RT/10 Greg Good Heads+Built Engine+Cam+Ported Intake and other goodies

  17. #17
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    ViperGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperTony View Post
    I'm tweaking the code embedded in web pages. Gonna be a little while.
    Thanks. It is bloody stupid that the manual only works on IE and not Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.
    2017 ACR/TA in 2014 TA Header Orange, #4 of 10.
    2008 Vert in Viper Bright Blue with silver stripes.
    2014 GTS in white with gunmetal stripes. I'm also one of the original 100's

  18. #18
    Enthusiast Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    ST JO MO
    Posts
    412
    Nick, the company said this won’t ship until either the end of this month or the first of next month. So, still waiting…

  19. #19
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    13COBRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    3,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Nick, the company said this won’t ship until either the end of this month or the first of next month. So, still waiting…
    No rush.
    Nick Anderson

    VCC #003

  20. #20
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT
    ViperTony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,703
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperGeorge View Post
    Thanks. It is bloody stupid that the manual only works on IE and not Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.
    It was developed in a deprecated version of MS FrontPage which heavily intertwined with IE. I'm recoding the entire manual as I don't want IE on my systems, it's deprecated too.
    2016 ACR "ACR Steve White" by Woodhouse
    2001 RT/10 Greg Good Heads+Built Engine+Cam+Ported Intake and other goodies


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •