SRT10 Door Open Close Window Movement

Hello everyone! I bought a 1998 GTS back in 2017, and sold it 14 short months later. One of my biggest regrets in life was selling that car. However, last week I finally got back into another Viper -- this time an '04 SRT10. It feels so good to be back in a Viper and I love the car; it's a much better vehicle than my Gen 2, even if it's not quite as stunning in the styling department. Anyway, I've noticed that when I open my doors the window rolls down about 1/8 of an inch to clear the seal, as all modern frameless windows do, but when the door is shut the window doesn't roll back up into the seal. This happens for both windows. I assume this is not normal? There is a way to fix this without replacing the regulators?

Watching this thread.

Any time the battery is replaced or you loose power the windows needs to be reset.

1. Get in close the door

2. Turn the key on

3. Run windows all the way down, stop when down, hold down again for 5 second

4. Run all the way up, stop when up (should be full up now) Hold up for 5 seconds.

5. Turn off car, get out and test, should work.
    You can teach a dog to fetch, therefore you teach a potato to dance! “Amazingly Bad Analogy”

Hmm I did as described, and I heard the car make a click sound after the 5 seconds, but the windows still don't roll up when the door is shut.

Driver and passenger? Both?

Quote Originally Posted by 04BlackSRT10 View Post
    Hmm I did as described, and I heard the car make a click sound after the 5 seconds, but the windows still don't roll up when the door is shut.
    You can teach a dog to fetch, therefore you teach a potato to dance! “Amazingly Bad Analogy”

Yes, it's the same for both.

Regional Vice President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota

Cool

Roll window down and hold button down, (do not let up on button), until you hear the "click", roll window up holding button up until you hear the "click".
    Pokes directions were a little confusing. LOL

You cannot release button either up or down until you hear "click"
    Sublime Pearl ACRRRR
    M&M Performance

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by SNKEBIT View Post
    Roll window down and hold button down, (do not let up on button), until you hear the "click", roll window up holding button up until you hear the "click".
    Pokes directions were a little confusing. LOL

You cannot release button either up or down until you hear "click"

You could try same test, opening and closing the doors with the windows up, but with the top down, to see if it is actually trying to put the windows back up but can't because of friction.

Looks like it's not a friction issue; they just won't go back up when the door shuts. Seems really odd that no one else has had this same issue?

Enthusiast
    Maybe try disconnecting the battery again with the windows in the full up or full down position. Perhaps it will reset to its intended state. I know it is a long shot, but nothing to lose by trying it.

I had also read to repeat the up/down and hold 5seconds going in each direction up to 4 times total. When I replaced my motor/tracks and did the upgrade it took a few times for them to "learn".
    '05 SRT10 Ram Viper Truck - Paxton supercharged, Bellanger LT, 69# injectors, tune - 569whp/570wtq
    '05 SRT10 Viper Commemorative Edition - Paxton supercharged

Enthusiast
    I have the same issue, but while doing the “relearn” procedure, I heard a loud pop... I’m guessing it was the window regulator. They still work, but don’t automatically roll down to clear the seal.

I turn my battery off when parking the car. I have to do the relearn a lot. Never have to repeat the process.
    https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...y-Disco-Switch

Did the relearn process 4 times up and 4 times down. No change. My windows also don't do the auto roll down at the second detent, so I guess I must need new regulators to get back full functionality? If so, I can definitely live with this instead of shelling out the no-doubt huge amount of money for new regulators.

You may want to look at the body control module. I can see both regulators failing the same, way at the same time.