Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hel p

Hel p

Wonder what happened to the entire Membership Secion" of the forum...Someone deleted the entire secion of thousands and thousands of threads, with most of them not being conplimentary to the National Leadership. Hopefully, they are not talking censorship. But thius was mentioned at one time during a BoD meeting by one of the region presidents. His words were somehting to the effect: "We own the forum lets delete the comments".

So Mods, before you delete this comment can you please explain where the other section went to.

Thanks.

Jeff Barnes, Ex-region president of the Carolinas and an advit seaker of the truth and accountibility

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Central North Florida
    It is gone. And no record of posts made in the activity log either. Clearly something is up and needs to be explained.

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Web Site Committee
    I'm sure there is a logical explanation for whats going on. Let me see what I can find out. I'm sure nothing has been "deleted." At least if they were smart they didn't delete anything. One Viper site I moderated for we would move things to the recycle bin. So we always had the post should we need to restore it. Maybe it's as simple as maintenance? Let me see what I can turn up.
    '01 Sapphire RT/10. '08 Snakeskin Green Vert. "H" spokes, Grey/Black interior, Graphite bezels, NAV, Full Belanger exhaust w/ Hi-Flows, ARROW PCM and Quaife rear end with 3.55's. http://www.westernreservevipers.com

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Oh no.
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Central North Florida
    I found a link to the membership discussion and received this in response.
    924D6A0D-E65E-40E6-AEE4-5186A492B64E.jpg

So it appears the member forum wasn’t deleted. It was just turned off for some or all. If this was intentional it ranks right up with the VCA maneuvering to avoid criticism. Not a good look!

Link to the Membership Information and News Forum: https://driveviper.com/forums/forums...ation-and-News
    Last edited by ViperSRT; 08-13-2022 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT View Post

So it appears the member forum wasn’t deleted. It was just turned off for some or all. If this was intentional it ranks right up with the VCA maneuvering to avoid criticism. Not a good look!

Link to the Membership Information and News Forum: https://driveviper.com/forums/forums...ation-and-News
    That’s Plum Crazy. Well you are correct, I have been denied access to this link. This is reeks of censorship. Reminds of what is going on with Russia right now with the war with Ukraine. If they don’t like what you say they quiet you in one way or another, so you can’t hold them accountable. The club is doing the same thing. What gets me is what I wrote they could never dispute it. Even with this going on. Not an explanation, well not on the forum anyway of who, why the denied access to that part of the forum. Apparently, the moderators, Web site committee and region presidents were kept out of the loop. So, Wes as you seem to be running the show as Mike has not responded to any of the criticism (at least Beth could speak for herself when she was president) what happen and who’s decision was these to block potential new members and previous members from seeing if the club is actually making efforts to correct past mistakes.
    Last edited by CarolinaViper; 08-13-2022 at 09:12 AM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    New Jersey

My guess is during the last reorganization the word TRANSPARENCY was grossly over used and is now being ignored.
    2013 GTS, 2018 Trackhawk,2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2010 HARLEY SUPER GLIDE CUSTOM

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    Carolinas
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT View Post

I'm getting the same message but have never posted anything about the Club. Ever. There must be a glitch in the system.
    If you want things to stay the same, things will have to change.
    2002 Red RT/10

Quote Originally Posted by 01sapphirebob View Post
    I'm sure there is a logical explanation for whats going on. Let me see what I can find out. I'm sure nothing has been "deleted." At least if they were smart they didn't delete anything. One Viper site I moderated for we would move things to the recycle bin. So we always had the post should we need to restore it. Maybe it's as simple as maintenance? Let me see what I can turn up.
    Bob,

It’s been two days or so…what’s the verdict. As you stated if they were smart they wouldn’t delete them. That’s is what’s bothers me, since you mention it.

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Web Site Committee
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaViper View Post
    Bob,

It’s been two days or so…what’s the verdict. As you stated if they were smart they wouldn’t delete them. That’s is what’s bothers me, since you mention it.
    No word yet. Im still trying to find out whats going on. Stay tuned….
    '01 Sapphire RT/10. '08 Snakeskin Green Vert. "H" spokes, Grey/Black interior, Graphite bezels, NAV, Full Belanger exhaust w/ Hi-Flows, ARROW PCM and Quaife rear end with 3.55's. http://www.westernreservevipers.com

This kind of thing is exactly why I haven't renewed my membership.....been waiting/hoping for signs that things had changed before doing so.
    2009 Viper Red ACR w/stripe delete & black/red interior (1 of 1)
    1997 b/w GTS....sold
    2005 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII, not stock

Several Regional Presidents (not including Bob who is investigating) and Higher saw this thread days ago and haven’t bothered with any sort of reply… Kinda casts doubt on the innocent explanations here…
    2006 SRT-10

Quote Originally Posted by SA Heat View Post
    This kind of thing is exactly why I haven't renewed my membership.....been waiting/hoping for signs that things had changed before doing so.
    Bingo! I went to a regional meet last month and we have some great, enthusiastic folks. I pretty clearly stated that after one year of VOA membership last year, I was seeing uncomfortable parallels to the late VCA. I said I would not renew unless/until the national financials and leadership gave me a renewed comfort level.
    Last edited by GTS Dean; 08-15-2022 at 10:40 AM.
    96 GTS. Viper Days Modified Class. Fresh motor 10-2020!

Scott Keith Grayson
    VOA Forums Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT
    Web Site Committee
    Tech Team
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaViper View Post
    Wonder what happened to the entire Membership Secion" of the forum...Someone deleted the entire secion of thousands and thousands of threads, with most of them not being conplimentary to the National Leadership. Hopefully, they are not talking censorship. But thius was mentioned at one time during a BoD meeting by one of the region presidents. His words were somehting to the effect: "We own the forum lets delete the comments".

So Mods, before you delete this comment can you please explain where the other section went to.

Thanks.

Jeff Barnes, Ex-region president of the Carolinas and an advit seaker of the truth and accountibility
    PLEASE cut this crap! We moderators DON'T DELETE! Period! If anything, we move threads that violate the forum guidelines into the mod area and notify the author so that a thread can be reinstated if needed. It just irks the hell out of me when forum members cast accusations whenever they please.

I've been through it all since 2001, as a region president and moderating on the VCA (après the revolution), the Alley and the VOA. Never, ever deleted a post that wasn't explicitly inappropriate. In fact, whenever possible, I would delete only the inappropriate letters or words bending over backwards to avoid deletion.

I too cannot view the thread in question, nor do I have any knowledge of this matter to this point in time.

And Carolina Viper, next time you falsely accuse, spend a moment to check your spelling. It's imbarrassing.
    2008 SRT10 Open Roof (1 of 2)
    2022 BMW X5M Comp
    Resident Misanthrope

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
    Bingo! I went to a regional meet last month and we have some great, enthusiastic folks. I pretty clearly stated that after one year of VOA membership last year, I was seeing uncomfortable parallels to the late VCA. I said I would not renew unless/until the national financials and leadership gave me a renewed comfort level.

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat. I won't be renewing after mine is up.

I'd cancel now if I could get a partial refund back.
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Central North Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by City View Post
    PLEASE cut this crap! We moderators DON'T DELETE! Period! If anything, we move threads that violate the forum guidelines into the mod area and notify the author so that a thread can be reinstated if needed. It just irks the hell out of me when forum members cast accusations whenever they please.

I've been through it all since 2001, as a region president and moderating on the VCA (après the revolution), the Alley and the VOA. Never, ever deleted a post that wasn't explicitly inappropriate. In fact, whenever possible, I would delete only the inappropriate letters or words bending over backwards to avoid deletion.

I too cannot view the thread in question, nor do I have any knowledge of this matter to this point in time.

And Carolina Viper, next time you falsely accuse, spend a moment to check your spelling. It's imbarrassing.
    It is the entire forum category (Membership-Information-and-News) that is missing, not a single post! This includes access to all club meeting summaries, etc. A entire forum category cannot go MIA without someone noticing that is in the know.

https://driveviper.com/forums/forums...ation-and-News

Maybe you should also check your own spelling.... Embarrassing.
    Blake

2016 1 of 1 Viper GTC Prefix 9.0 Stroker Stage 2 Arrow

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by 01sapphirebob View Post
    There's a president's board meeting tomorrow evening. I'm sure this will be discussed and Bob will report back here.
    Join the VIper Club of Ontario, the 2nd largest Viper club on the planet!
    With over 50 days of events in 2022 we have something for everyone!
    Our 2023 Events Calendar will once again feature fantastic social events, and a very comprehensive Track Program!
    Visit www.viperclubofontario.com, and contact Bruce at vcotracks@gmail.com for club and membership details!

2014 SRT Black TA, 85,000 kms. Last of the 159 built. Thanks to Ralph and Team Viper for an incredible Viper!
    2019 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 28,000 kms. Sometimes you just want to fly under the radar!

City,
    Sorry I misssspleeed a word or two. I was correct and saying the threads were deleted, they were not moved so if not moved what else. As I was writing in part of the forum that was not really related to what I was posting, I thought it would be deleted. Sorry to get your little boy pants twisted but as a moderator I thought they would have some knowledge. But then again Bob, who’s on the website committee had no idea either.
    Take a breath it’s ok, apparently they did not let you know either where and why they moved (is that better than delete) the entire Membership section.

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Web Site Committee
    All,

I think we are all working towards the same thing here. Finding out whats going on. I have to side with City with regards to what most likely happened to that forum. Ive worked with City for, believe it or not, almost a decade with regards to Viper forums and Ive never known him to lie or lead other astray. Im willing to bet that what was done with the Membership forum was NOT done by a moderator here. They give folks LOTS of leeway and if asked would probably sooner resign their post then delete an entire forum.

All that said, the lack of info by whoever gave direction for whatever happened to that forum is more then concerning. This club was founded in part for reasons like this, lack of info/communication. A sticky thread at the top of all the other forums, or at the very least the “General Doscussion” forum, would have gone a long way. Even if it was them saying “We think this forum is out of control and want to let it cool down for a bit.” At least then people would have a, say it with me folks, explanation.

As Bruce mentioned, stay tuned. Ill bring it up in tomorrow’s meeting.

Subscribed, this is actually really entertaining

06 Srt10 Coupe, 16 Kia Sportage

V10 Time

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    Everyone in this thread has benefited from the VOA in some way, and judging by your join dates and posts in the 1000's and 1000's, you've all contributed and benefited for years in the Viper community that the VOA, and the VCA before it, brought together. I would not have become a Viper owner without the contributions of some of you and countless others on these forums, whether members or enthusiasts.

You may vigorously disagree with the leadership and decisions of the past and/or present VOA officers and region presidents that make up the VOA's National Board, but the Viper community still benefits every Viper owner today in one way or another, whether a member or not. Your voices matter, and the best way is through constructive criticisms and positive input and suggestions.

Contact your region presidents and tell them what matters to you, and what you want from the VOA, because without it the region presidents really don't always know what their current and expired members are thinking. And since a number of regions aren't effectively represented on the National Board, you might want to also email the VOA President, VP and Secretary as well.

Here's how...https://driveviper.com/club/regions.php
    Our 2023 Events Calendar will once again feature fantastic social events, and a very comprehensive Track Program!
    Visit www.viperclubofontario.com, and contact Bruce at vcotracks@gmail.com for club and membership details!

2014 SRT Black TA, 85,000 kms. Last of the 159 built. Thanks to Ralph and Team Viper for an incredible Viper!
    2019 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 28,000 kms. Sometimes you just want to fly under the radar!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H. View Post
    Everyone in this thread has benefited from the VOA in some way, and judging by your join dates and posts in the 1000's and 1000's, you've all contributed and benefited for years in the Viper community that the VOA, and the VCA before it, brought together. I would not have become a Viper owner without the contributions of some of you and countless others on these forums, whether members or enthusiasts.

You may vigorously disagree with the leadership and decisions of the past and/or present VOA officers and region presidents that make up the VOA's National Board, but the Viper community still benefits every Viper owner today in one way or another, whether a member or not. Your voices matter, and the best way is through constructive criticisms and positive input and suggestions.

Contact your region presidents and tell them what matters to you, and what you want from the VOA, because without it the region presidents really don't always know what their current and expired members are thinking. And since a number of regions aren't effectively represented on the National Board, you might want to also email the VOA President, VP and Secretary as well.

Here's how...https://driveviper.com/club/regions.php
    Bruce, with all due respect....it has very little to do with the region for me. I live 4 hours away. I won't ever do a cruise night, museum tour, etc. Maybe 1 track day a year with them. More or less joined to 'give back' to the community. It's a waste of money though.

I throw away the magazine upon it arriving (when it actually comes in)...I benefit from knowing people in the Viper community and being able to use Google. I don't need to pay to have friends, this isn't a fraternity with blinded allegiance.

Once my membership runs out, I will not be renewing, period.
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2014
    Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    Bruce, with all due respect....it has very little to do with the region for me. I live 4 hours away. I won't ever do a cruise night, museum tour, etc. Maybe 1 track day a year with them. More or less joined to 'give back' to the community. It's a waste of money though.

I throw away the magazine upon it arriving (when it actually comes in)...I benefit from knowing people in the Viper community and being able to use Google. I don't need to pay to have friends, this isn't a fraternity with blinded allegiance.

Once my membership runs out, I will not be renewing, period.
    Nick, I totally get it, and understand the giving back part only going so far. And for some it's only about what the region offers.

The VOA needs to offer the right mix of club leadership, appeal and value, and I've pushed hard and consistently for that on the national board and its membership committee. The club would benefit from more voices being heard, which l outlined above.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast