Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 62

Thread: C8 ZO6

  1. #26
    That looks beautiful!

  2. #27
    Enthusiast capevettes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    748
    Looks great Pappy. I like the 1LZ, Z07 build. It definitely will be the last of the great, naturally aspirated FPC V8's.

  3. #28
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    5,470
    Any hint of an ETA Pappy?
    Follow my Instagram- @9literviper 830whp 2013 track car, 2013 Turbo Time Attack car, 2016 ACR, 1992 #9, 2008 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2005 Ford GT, 765LT

  4. #29
    Enthusiast Pappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas/Phoenix
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Any hint of an ETA Pappy?
    No clue. Getting them to pin down where I am on the list is tough - they just say I am "very high". They should announce today whether they got any Z06s in this month's allocations, and whether any of those are available for a Z07 w/aero order. I doubt it since I hear they only got 2 C8s (probably no Z06s) and the aero packages appear to be on a long-term supplier-induced constraint. I know their number one guy ahead of me is holding out for Z07/aero, and I won't take a car without. I am working with a fairly low volume dealer who probably won't get more than 10 or so Z06s in a year, if and when production ever ramps up. I guess I'm just hoping for the "golden BB". I'm on a couple of other lists (Las Vegas), but pretty far down and with $50 and 100K ADMs. It could be a fun car (possible DD) and, if early indications from C&D and R&T are accurate, it should do okay on track with Cup2Rs and an aggressive track alignment, but it will never be an ACR.
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

  5. #30
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    5,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    No clue. Getting them to pin down where I am on the list is tough - they just say I am "very high". They should announce today whether they got any Z06s in this month's allocations, and whether any of those are available for a Z07 w/aero order. I doubt it since I hear they only got 2 C8s (probably no Z06s) and the aero packages appear to be on a long-term supplier-induced constraint. I know their number one guy ahead of me is holding out for Z07/aero, and I won't take a car without. I am working with a fairly low volume dealer who probably won't get more than 10 or so Z06s in a year, if and when production ever ramps up. I guess I'm just hoping for the "golden BB". I'm on a couple of other lists (Las Vegas), but pretty far down and with $50 and 100K ADMs. It could be a fun car (possible DD) and, if early indications from C&D and R&T are accurate, it should do okay on track with Cup2Rs and an aggressive track alignment, but it will never be an ACR.
    I guess once they stop selling for over MSRP then you'll get it! hehe. What's the MSRP? I just saw an "as tested" price on a roadster for $163K, that's getting up there. I imagine the ZR1/Zora will be well over $200K
    Follow my Instagram- @9literviper 830whp 2013 track car, 2013 Turbo Time Attack car, 2016 ACR, 1992 #9, 2008 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2005 Ford GT, 765LT

  6. #31
    Enthusiast Pappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas/Phoenix
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    I guess once they stop selling for over MSRP then you'll get it! hehe. What's the MSRP? I just saw an "as tested" price on a roadster for $163K, that's getting up there. I imagine the ZR1/Zora will be well over $200K
    A coupe 1LZ, Z07 with exposed CF aero, competition seats, and a PDR is just under $140K MSRP. I don't need or want heated and memory seats, front end lift for curbs, a convertible option - expensive and heavy stuff like that. I am going to pass on the CF wheels due to concerns about long-term durability and the fact that I would track the car with Forgelines or Finspeeds to get a better tire size selection.
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

  7. #32
    Enthusiast Pappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas/Phoenix
    Posts
    832
    Looks like the car is going to be pretty capable on track. This young youtuber (Speed Phenom) is a pretty good driver and GM gave him one of the first Z06s because he is not afraid to wring it out on track. If you can get past the squeaky voice, the video has some good content. https://youtu.be/QPKoxpWvJhk
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

  8. #33
    Enthusiast capevettes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    748
    I enjoy Speed Phenom's videos. He's a good kid (squeaky voice and all) and is a far better driver than he was when he first started out. Nice to see the car get a good flogging, being driven as it was intended to be. It's a heck of a car. He did very well considering he is unfamiliar with this track. It will be fun to watch him on other tracks he is more familiar with.

  9. #34
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    5,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Looks like the car is going to be pretty capable on track. This young youtuber (Speed Phenom) is a pretty good driver and GM gave him one of the first Z06s because he is not afraid to wring it out on track. If you can get past the squeaky voice, the video has some good content. https://youtu.be/QPKoxpWvJhk
    Great vid! I like that guy. What track was that? I skipped through and never heard him say!
    Follow my Instagram- @9literviper 830whp 2013 track car, 2013 Turbo Time Attack car, 2016 ACR, 1992 #9, 2008 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2005 Ford GT, 765LT

  10. #35
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Mandeville, LA
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Great vid! I like that guy. What track was that? I skipped through and never heard him say!
    Auto Club Speedway in Fontana

  11. #36
    The drive train is very interesting. But the the front and rear designs do not sync up well. But, having see many non Z06s around, if you get a black one with black wheels it is less noticeable. My other concern is that this is a first year car with quite a bit of first time technology on it including the engine. If my memory serves me well, GM has not had particularly great luck with their first year edition super cars. The last Z06 initially had heat issues and a glue problem that caused some roof panels to come off at speed. If it were me, I would wait for year two unless this is only going to be made for one year.
    Semper SRT. Proud owner of 2014 Viper TA, 2019 Challenger Redeye Hellcat, 2018 Trackhawk.

  12. #37
    VOA Member
    since 2023
    North Texas

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    697
    I miss the round taillights

  13. #38
    Enthusiast Pappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas/Phoenix
    Posts
    832
    I am posting this video for a couple of reasons. First, early on there is good footage of a comp coupe ahead of the Z06 at Button Willow. He finally pulls over to let the Corvette and a Porsche by - a courtesy move. Second, near the end of the video there is a discussion of Comp 2R tire performance. The kid (a youtuber) is a fair driver, so you can see some capability in the Z06. His times were in the low 1:50s - the ACR ran 147:7 on the same configuration, I think. I am still sitting at number 1 on the wait list at my dealer. He got 2 allocations in the last cycle, but they had to pass by me because the Z07 and carbon fiber aero package are still on full constraint - so I opted to wait. I am holding out for a base model 1LZ with Z07 (CCBs and suspension upgrades), the full aero package, comp seats, and a PDR. Still heavy, but the best I could do. And yes, I will keep my ACR.

    https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...track-vid.html
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

  14. #39
    Enthusiast 13COBRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    3,733
    Looks like Mike in the Viper.
    Nick Anderson

    VCC #003

  15. #40
    VOA Member
    since 2014
    Central California
    RedTanRT/10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Dana Point
    Posts
    1,683
    Hey Pappy, Nick send me a screen shot and busted my balls!!! (and told me where to find the video)

    Watch again and you'll see the 'vette wasn't pulling on my and only gaining any ground as I didn't want to dive bomb that GT3 that was holding me up.

    As I told Nick, the car ran great on the out lap and the 1st lap but then stated to bog down and had no power. Happened each of the 3 sessions I tried to run.


    Notice how fast the red Porsche gets by me too??? No power brother, I so wanted to run that 'vette. I've got the paddles set up with my sequential. 1st test at Fontana a month ago I ran down a track prepped ZR-1 Vette like he was standing still. Hope all is going well for you!!! Mike
    1994 Red/Tan RT/10, '99 red ACR- sold, '06 Red/Silver Coupe-RIP, '06 Red/Silver Coupe - Sold, '08 Red/Silver ACR-C sold, 2006 Comp Coupe C-92

  16. #41
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    5,470
    Great video, I like that kids stuff! I'm guessing Chris "The Wolf" Winkler would be 6 seconds faster than that kid, same car same track, especially in a record breaking effort paid for by the manufacturer etc.
    Follow my Instagram- @9literviper 830whp 2013 track car, 2013 Turbo Time Attack car, 2016 ACR, 1992 #9, 2008 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2005 Ford GT, 765LT

  17. #42
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    5,470
    I just realized that's Buttonwillow! What was his best time? 1.55? I ran a 1.49 my first time there in my stock ACR (On Michelin slicks). I ran a 1.45 in my fast car, but back when it had the manual. I broke this year, but was planning on a 1.41-1.42 to be competitive in my class.
    Buttonwillow is the hardest track I've ever done by far, aero helps there way more than top line speed. At Global Time Attack last November my buddy Zachary Sober broke the enthusiast class record with a 1.54. With a 300whp Subaru on street tires, full interior street car.
    For what it's worth the fastest RWD car ever there is a turbo monster C5 running 1.40.2 and the fastest car ever there overall is a 2018 Civic that ran a 1.37! That track is so technical that FWD and AWD have a huge benefit. Every car that has run under 1.40 there has been FWD or AWD
    Follow my Instagram- @9literviper 830whp 2013 track car, 2013 Turbo Time Attack car, 2016 ACR, 1992 #9, 2008 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2005 Ford GT, 765LT

  18. #43
    Enthusiast Pappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas/Phoenix
    Posts
    832
    Well, some kind-of bad news for me today. A GM release said there would be Z06 allocations late this month, BUT, there is again a full constraint on the carbon fiber aero package (wing, splitter, canards, etc.) The document says the constraint is in effect until the end of the model year. It also says "supplier restriction" is the reason for the constraint. I guess they are having trouble finding a carbon fiber parts manufacturer/supplier willing to step up to the demands and liability of building for a major auto manufacturer. I will hold out for the Z07 package with aero, so I will be passed over in the ordering sequence. I could build the carbon fiber pieces, but it is very time consuming, and I am not really interested in cobbling up a new $150K car with non-OEM parts; plus the price of carbon fiber material and epoxy resin has gone off the charts. By the time you design and build molds and pull the finished parts, it could get very expensive. I guess on the bright side, by the time what I want is available maybe some of the off-the-chart $50-$100K ADMs will have died down. There is a Z06 up for auction at Mecum on Saturday - that should be interesting.
    Last edited by Pappy; 01-12-2023 at 11:20 PM.
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

  19. #44
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Arizona Vipers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paradise Valley
    Posts
    5,470
    That sucks Pappy!
    Follow my Instagram- @9literviper 830whp 2013 track car, 2013 Turbo Time Attack car, 2016 ACR, 1992 #9, 2008 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10, 2005 Ford GT, 765LT

  20. #45
    Enthusiast 13COBRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    3,733
    That does suck. Good for you for sticking for your guns and being patient.

    I am not patient. I would've ordered the first one I could get in the lightest configuration possible, and add all my own goodies. Must be a sign of age
    Nick Anderson

    VCC #003

  21. #46
    Enthusiast Pappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas/Phoenix
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    That does suck. Good for you for sticking for your guns and being patient.

    I am not patient. I would've ordered the first one I could get in the lightest configuration possible, and add all my own goodies. Must be a sign of age
    Mine or yours? I have to be careful to not be patient out of the backside of the "window". LOL
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

  22. #47
    Enthusiast 13COBRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    3,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Mine or yours? I have to be careful to not be patient out of the backside of the "window". LOL
    Haha mine. At 32, I might be one of the most impatient people you'd meet. Probably to a fault. I have to realllly focus on being patient.
    Nick Anderson

    VCC #003

  23. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by ACRSNK View Post
    That looks beautiful!
    Couldn't agree more. IMO its right up there design wise with ANY exotic out there and outperforms most to boot.

  24. #49
    Enthusiast Pappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas/Phoenix
    Posts
    832
    The Z06 just won the Road and Track Performance Car of the Year (PCOTY) competition, beating out the Porsche GT4 R by 2 seconds on the 1.9-mile Monticello track. I wasn't able to find any ACR-E times for that track configuration, and there are very few totally reliable comparisons on any track, yet. However, watching the Youtuber Speed Phenom at tracks like Autoclub and Willow Springs, it appears the ACR is still a bit quicker. Maybe in the hands of a pro driver the Z06 might close the gap a little. I am curious if a little better tire combination (although the Cup 2Rs are pretty good) or suspension tuning might help what appears to be a push (understeer) in most conditions.
    2000 Viper GTS (sold), 2016 Viper ACR-E
    Drivers: 2011 Z06/Z07, 62 Corvette, 2015 Camaro 1LE SS
    Track Cars: NASA Spec Ford Focus, 56 Corvette tube chassis

  25. #50
    Enthusiast J TNT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Ontario,MCVO,PA,OH
    Posts
    2,650
    That's impressive over the GT4 R Porsche , Glad to hear the C8 is showing good potential ! Hopefully someone at Stellantis is paying attention ......

    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    The Z06 just won the Road and Track Performance Car of the Year (PCOTY) competition, beating out the Porsche GT4 R by 2 seconds on the 1.9-mile Monticello track. I wasn't able to find any ACR-E times for that track configuration, and there are very few totally reliable comparisons on any track, yet. However, watching the Youtuber Speed Phenom at tracks like Autoclub and Willow Springs, it appears the ACR is still a bit quicker. Maybe in the hands of a pro driver the Z06 might close the gap a little. I am curious if a little better tire combination (although the Cup 2Rs are pretty good) or suspension tuning might help what appears to be a push (understeer) in most conditions.
    Charter Member , SS OHIO, 9 Liter V-10


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •