Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Web Site Committee

Special thanks to Jon B and PartsRack

I just wanted to take a quick second to give special thanks to Jon B of PartsRack for helping me out in a time of need. My GEN II has been down most of the year and while I'm trying to fix the car myself, in my spare time, parts are becoming harder and harder to find for the older generation cars. Jon B came through with the part I needed when I was in dier need. Jon B is truly an asset to the Viper community and I can't thank him enough for his help in my quest to get my car back on the road. Just remember, "If it fits on or in a Viper..."

Thanks Jon!!!!
    VOA 2022 Communication Team Member, 2022 VOA Membership Committee Member

'01 Sapphire RT/10. '08 Snakeskin Green Vert. "H" spokes, Grey/Black interior, Graphite bezels, NAV, Full Belanger exhaust w/ Hi-Flows, ARROW PCM and Quaife rear end with 3.55's. http://www.westernreservevipers.com

Normally I would agree with that sentiment but today i tried to place a rather sizeable order, i asked a few questions i hope i wasnt saying anything wrong but in the end he refused to sell me anything????? said personal reason.... WTF I've purchased from him in the past but not sure what haappened today.... its like going into burger king and they sorry you cant get it your way lolol so i was once someone who thought jon was an asset now i guess he's just an . i wont say it but yea im butt hurt.... he's always been a lil grouchy but geeeze..... go figure
    thanks for nothing jon
    M&M Headers, HiFlo Cats, Corsa MUFFLERS, Accufab TB's, Gen2 injectors, Comp Cams Pushrods & Cam, 1.7 rockers, Johnson Hi-Po Lifters, Cloyes, Cometic Gskts, ATI Damper, Ipsco Shifter, Race Prepped Heads, Woodhouse Mounts, ACR Stoptech Brake Rotors - Gen 3 Calipers w/ Hawk Pads, Tune, BadBoyzz Dual Disc Clutch, 3:55 Gear Set

Enthusiast
    Hmmmm, that is strange, indeed. I would like to know what the deal is as well.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Central North Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmst3 View Post
    Hmmmm, that is strange, indeed. I would like to know what the deal is as well.
    Generally it is because Jon suspects the caller is info gathering with the intention of shopping elsewhere with the information.

possibly but when i say i want buy or order i would think that rules out price shopping… i
    M&M Headers, HiFlo Cats, Corsa MUFFLERS, Accufab TB's, Gen2 injectors, Comp Cams Pushrods & Cam, 1.7 rockers, Johnson Hi-Po Lifters, Cloyes, Cometic Gskts, ATI Damper, Ipsco Shifter, Race Prepped Heads, Woodhouse Mounts, ACR Stoptech Brake Rotors - Gen 3 Calipers w/ Hawk Pads, Tune, BadBoyzz Dual Disc Clutch, 3:55 Gear Set

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by 95Viper View Post
    Normally I would agree with that sentiment but today i tried to place a rather sizeable order, i asked a few questions i hope i wasnt saying anything wrong but in the end he refused to sell me anything????? said personal reason.... WTF I've purchased from him in the past but not sure what haappened today.... its like going into burger king and they sorry you cant get it your way lolol so i was once someone who thought jon was an asset now i guess he's just an . i wont say it but yea im butt hurt.... he's always been a lil grouchy but geeeze..... go figure
    thanks for nothing jon
    I think there's more to the story.
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

please tell us what it is since u assume to know.......... but sorry not really,,,,, i want to buy wheels, tires and calipers and when i asked info about them it just went south.... never had an issue b4 with him but this time? i have the emails to show what happened but i'm moving on as he's not the only one that sells the stuff - i have since bought elsewhere, they like my money... it was just a heads up for others. I hope he's ok but i guess my money wasn't green enuf for him lolol

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    please tell us what it is since u assume to know.......... but sorry not really,,,,, i want to buy wheels, tires and calipers and when i asked info about them it just went south.... never had an issue b4 with him but this time? i have the emails to show what happened but i'm moving on as he's not the only one that sells the stuff - i have since bought elsewhere, they like my money... it was just a heads up for others. I hope he's ok but i guess my money wasn't green enuf for him lolol
    Sorry, I don't understand whatever language you're attempting to type in.
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

Scott Keith Grayson
    VOA Forums Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    NY/CT
    Web Site Committee
    Tech Team
    Quote Originally Posted by 01sapphirebob View Post
    I just wanted to take a quick second to give special thanks to Jon B of PartsRack for helping me out in a time of need. My GEN II has been down most of the year and while I'm trying to fix the car myself, in my spare time, parts are becoming harder and harder to find for the older generation cars. Jon B came through with the part I needed when I was in dier need. Jon B is truly an asset to the Viper community and I can't thank him enough for his help in my quest to get my car back on the road. Just remember, "If it fits on or in a Viper..."

Thanks Jon!!!!
    Jon has been an EXTRAORDINARY advocate and benefactor for the club(s) (both regional and national) and its members for three decades. If a customer has a difficult time with him, you can BET there’s more to the story.
    And I’ll be damned if I don’t stand up for Jon, especially over someone who won’t even bother to become an association member.
    2008 SRT10 Open Roof (1 of 2)
    2022 BMW X5M Comp
    Resident Misanthrope

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Central North Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by City View Post
    ... especially over someone who won’t even bother to become an association member.
    Ha, I would bet this guy even claimed to be a member in order to get a discount.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Central North Florida
    thanks for nothing jon
    Hmm, found out a bit of the hisstory and now have some follow up questions/comments.

In your signature you mention a whole lot of aftermarket modifications to your 1995 RT/10. Since you mentioned you have purchased from Jon in the past, how many of these parts were purchased through PartsRack?

In your initial inquiry to Jon you mentioned you were a VOA member (looking for a discount???). Since here you are shown as an enthusiast, it would appear that was an untruth. Not a good way to start, eh?

Then, in your critique above you mention that "I've purchased from him in the past but not sure what haappened today." That must have taken a considerable amount of courage given that you are THE GUY! What do I mean by saying you are THE GUY, you might ask. Well, once upon a time in Viper hinterland there was a prospective Viper parts buyer that worked in a XXXX dealership. And used said dealership connection to try to leverage the purchase opportunity, or so it is said. Lo and behold Jon caught on and contacted the dealership to confirm the purchase was indeed for the dealership and not personal, thus confirming it was not dealer related. Would the story stop there. Oh no, as Viper history in that era is littered with people with bad intentions. YOU contacted his highness (at that moment in time) Chris Marshall and in concert with Herr Marshall got Jon kicked out of the VCA for several years, and really helped Herr Marshall's and the VCA fall from grace. And yet you imply no history with Jon. To quote you: geeeze ..... go figure.
    Last edited by ViperSRT; 1 Week Ago at 09:28 AM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    ^^ I knew there was more to it.

He should be banned from the site.
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

That’s pretty low if it is in fact true. I know Jon keeps pretty detailed notes on his customers. I hadn’t ordered from him in a while, but we had a great conversation when I just ordered some tires and other hard to find parts from him. Ordering parts took about 10 minutes and then we chatted for about another half hour or so. Great guy and great asset to the Viper community. He deserves a level of respect for all that he has done and continues to do.

Wow, just wow if true. Some times it just pays to stfu.
    2009 Viper Red ACR w/stripe delete & black/red interior (1 of 1)
    1997 b/w GTS....sold
    2005 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII, not stock

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    It's not "if it's true".... Jon is not a liar, and has an impeccable memory, especially for people who wrong him.
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003

Regional President
    VOA Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Web Site Committee
    Well that escalated quickly. Lol
    VOA 2022 Communication Team Member, 2022 VOA Membership Committee Member

'01 Sapphire RT/10. '08 Snakeskin Green Vert. "H" spokes, Grey/Black interior, Graphite bezels, NAV, Full Belanger exhaust w/ Hi-Flows, ARROW PCM and Quaife rear end with 3.55's. http://www.westernreservevipers.com

Regional Vice President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    I was certain there was more to the story, remember the events that ViperSRT mentioned quite well.
    Green Vipers Rule!!
    Yellow Vipers Drool

Regional Membership Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    For the folks who are new to the forums, let me just say that JonB (Jon Brobst) of Parts Rack has given me prompt and accurate advice, has rapidly shipped innumerable parts to me on short notice, and has never let me down...PERIOD !!

When I say "me", I am using the term in the broadest sence of the word. That means Jon has always gone all over and above all normal expectations in assisting me and my fellow IN/KY members...which has been especially important when I would arrange for Tom Sessions to be in Indy for a week at a time servicing and repairing 15 to 20 Vipers of all types during said week. We have done this successfully on 13 different occasions...due, in no small part, to the fine and reliable service JonB has provided consistantly through the years.

And for those wondering, YES...I consider Jon to be a very good friend...of more than 20 years.
    I don't send or receive "PM's" since I prefer DIRECT communication.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT View Post
    Then, in your critique above you mention that "I've purchased from him in the past but not sure what haappened today." That must have taken a considerable amount of courage given that you are THE GUY! What do I mean by saying you are THE GUY, you might ask. Well, once upon a time in Viper hinterland there was a prospective Viper parts buyer that worked in a Toyota dealership. And used said dealership connection to try to leverage the purchase opportunity, or so it is said. Lo and behold Jon caught on and contacted the dealership to confirm the purchase was indeed for the dealership and not personal, thus confirming it was not dealer related. Would the story stop there. Oh no, as Viper history in that era is littered with people with bad intentions. YOU contacted his highness (at that moment in time) Chris Marshall and in concert with Herr Marshall got Jon kicked out of the VCA for several years, and really helped Herr Marshall's and the VCA fall from grace. And yet you imply no history with Jon. To quote you: geeeze ..... go figure.
    OMG I remember when all of that went down... Is 95Viper the new LanceRomance?

The Viper World is a very small world indeed. Those of us who have been around a while have many fond memories of the connections and Viper parts we got ONLY because of JonB...
    Jon has always been wonderful when I've worked with him, even when I just called to chat while being on a boat in Bell Harbor (thinking he was near by )

My favorite JonB Viper Part story was my Gen IV hood in 2007. I was going to the Hearst Castle cruise and JonB got me a Gen IV hood for my Gen III, in time for that cruise. Just amazing. Took off for the Club cruise and then it rained. I was so worried about my engine getting wet with those Vents (huge at the time) I was swiping trashcan liners from every room cleaning cart I could find... Until JonB came down and told me to relax, my engine was ok...

And the Chrysler 300 - "Viper support vehicle" JonB drove for the cruise. He blocked traffic on Hwy 1 coming out of the Castle so we could all drive out together. Not one car that was blocked complained. They just enjoyed the show of jellybean colored Vipers leaving the venue. That day was one of my fondest memories of owning a Viper. ❤️

Thanks JonB
    Use the Report a post feature... It works!

JonB is a rare man these days.
    Order a part, ships now, and charges later…

Thank you JonB for all that you do!!!

VOA Member
    since 2019
    Georgia
    Very pleased working with Jon B. I thoroughly enjoy my high-flow cats, which has allowed my wife to enjoy the Viper as much as I enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1Gl...annel=Humvee21
    2014 GTS

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Oklahoma
    Just keep doing what you're doing Jon B!!!!!!! We appreciate you and your service to our Viper community!!!
    2010 ACR X #06, 03 Red SRT/10

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT View Post
    Generally it is because Jon suspects the caller is info gathering with the intention of shopping elsewhere with the information.
    That makes sense. I see there is most likely more to the story.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2021
    St. Louis
    95Viper signed on 3 hours ago...

He definitely won't reply back in this thread.

Tucked his tail and ran.
    Nick Anderson

VCC #003