Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roe Racing

Roe Racing

Anyone hear they filed for bankruptcy? Not taking any new orders?

Regional Membership Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Your are correct on both counts per Facebook post by a customer of a communication supposedly sent to him
    by Scott.
    Last edited by Steve-Indy; 11-17-2022 at 06:26 PM.
    I don't send or receive "PM's" since I prefer DIRECT communication.

Must have just been recent - I bought some oil filters and coilovers from them ~2months ago

Enthusiast
    Their business model was still mid 90's. Not surprising.
    /''[ ]''|[___|___]
    [---T-- L -OlllllllO-]
    ()_)"""()_)/''''''''''\)_)

well, guess I can kiss goodbye my 2,000 bucks

weird, i got my tuner and tune a couple weeks ago no problem

Problems started probably more than 18 months ago, from the very beginning I started to deal with Scott.
    I had problems to get my parts (including a camshaft, that I was able to get from compcam within 10 days...) and got all the possible excuses imaginable for the massive delays...

Last time I was waiting for a refund, even paid to ship back few parts that was not the good ones, said he would check them and send the refund. He never did. Radio silence since.

Bottomline is I'm getting screwed for 2,000$ and missed an entire summer because I couldnt get my engine rebuilt in time.

Quote Originally Posted by ADA///M View Post
    weird, i got my tuner and tune a couple weeks ago no problem
    he probably had it in stock. Everything probably went normally for in-stock parts but all ''special-orders'' were doomed for the black hole
    Last edited by Aevus; 11-18-2022 at 01:11 PM.

I'd like to add that my overall experience with Viper parts suppliers/vendors are less than stellar... From Roe Racing sh!tty experience to Jon B's weird ''No-soup-for-you'' customer service, I cannot say that I had fun in the past few years.

Honestly, if Prefix and TKO were not there I would have sell the car a long time ago and buy a Porsche of a fcking Vette... Kuddos to these guys, they basically keep the whole thing alive.
    Last edited by Aevus; 11-18-2022 at 01:08 PM.

Enthusiast
    The one time I dealt with Roe was a good experience.

Its a shame that another passionate vendor and parts supplier for our Vipers is now gone. The options to keep our cars running keep shrinking smaller and smaller.
    03 C5 Z06 - K&N filter, Corsa Sport Cat Back - Torch Red
    96 Viper GTS - Corsa Cat Back - Blue and White
    02 Honda S2000 - Fujita CAI, Invidia Single Cat Back, Comptech coils - Sebring Silver

Enthusiast
    What exactly did Roe make or supply for Vipers that is required to keep them running that is available nowhere else?
    /''[ ]''|[___|___]
    [---T-- L -OlllllllO-]

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by dave6666 View Post
    What exactly did Roe make or supply for Vipers that is required to keep them running that is available nowhere else?
    Upgrades.

their supercharger?

That sucks! I wanted to pickup one of their updated intake manifolds for my Roe Supercharger.
    2001 Viper GTS Bumble Bee
    ROE Supercharged

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
    their supercharger?
    Those are required to make Vipers run? Had a Roe and now I don't. Car still runs but maybe someone can explain why? Anyone?
    /''[ ]''|[___|___]
    [---T-- L -OlllllllO-]

Those are required to make Vipers run? Had a Roe and now I don't. Car still runs but maybe someone can explain why? Anyone?
    Unupgraded or fake upgrade?

Regional Treasurer
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2018
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)

I just heard about all of this. Disappointing. I jumped on the re-release of the supercharger kits when they first brought them back a few years ago and have been really happy with it. Service during that time was great and had no issues. Unfortunately, Vipers/SRT-10 Trucks are a very limited market. I had asked if they were going to add support for the Chargers/Challengers, but they had little interest---missed opportunity in my opinion.

Enthusiast
    Damn! I was just about to order a tune from them. I hope they can come back leaner and meaner.

For what it’s worth, Torrie has been doing the tuning for years

https://unleashedtuning.com/viper/
    #78 on the VOA
    @jeffgardner on Truth Social

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
    For what it’s worth, Torrie has been doing the tuning for years

https://unleashedtuning.com/viper/
    Cool, I may give them a call and see what they have available.
    Thanks!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BK99GTS View Post
    I had asked if they were going to add support for the Chargers/Challengers, but they had little interest---missed opportunity in my opinion.
    Hence my initial comment that their business model was stuck on mid 90's. Their fall was not rocket science.
    /''[ ]''|[___|___]
    [---T-- L -OlllllllO-]

Enthusiast
    I did more for GEN-II super charger development after the fact than ROE did....in fact, Sean wanted me to underwrite a follow-on effort for his design based on what I had uncovered. He sent me his patent to review and discuss. I adopted the Siemen DEKA injector option in lieu of the "green top" Bosch before anyone else...and Roe Racing started to incorporate those injectors shortly thereafter. My "Frankenroe" manifold was miles ahead of the "improved" runner design recently offered....but was unmanufacturable as a complete kit given the chunk of billet required to be machined. I was the first to integrate the 2.8 blower on the manifold and wrote numerous posts on the DIY...Sean adopted it as an option shortly thereafter once I figured out how to get Kenne Bell to sell the blower Alacarte. Blah blah blah. Sean did some GREAT things for our GEN-I/IIs and that ran its course. Should not be a surprise that the market is just not there to support a living wage. Enjoy it for what it was worth. Leverage the knowledge of those lurking here with decades of experience and the knowledge of how we got here. No reason to cry and weep. Lots of parts are out there and can be reutilized without direct support from Scott/Roe. "Let not your heart be troubled" as they say. Post your issue and a solution will be provided.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ellowviper again."
    96 GTS. Viper Days Modified Class. Fresh motor 10-2020!

Tech Team
    My experience with Sean and Scott over the years was very positive. Covid and subsequent supply problems have really
    effected specialty parts vendors for the Viper.

The VEC controller for the Roe Superchargers seems to have a high failure rate with age and is no longer supported. There
    are other options, even for Gen 1 applications. Happy to share that information for those who might need it.

I'm semi retired but always available for advice. Still doing tuning/ calibrations and MCS suspension.
    specialtyperformanceteam.com
    310-597-6295

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Minnesota
    My experience with Roe Racing was always top notch. Sad to see them gone.
    00 RT, Black w/matte black , Roe 10lb charged, GG heads, cam, Borla, M&M, etc
    2017 ACR-E

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast