Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clutch advice

Thank you everyone for the advice. It seems the Nth Moto clutch is a no brainer ! If the only down side is a little extra noise and a little extra cash it’s a welcome trade off for a better/more durable clutch. I have headers, no cats and the stock muffler so I’m not sure I will even notice the noise. Any chance of a black Friday/Cyber Monday discount!!!???
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving
    Dennis
    2014 TA orange #55

My review of the Nth clutch from years ago - https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...-Clutch-Review

Best Viper clutch out there.
    2014 Viper TA - Black # 27, Sold
    08 ISF - headers/exhaust/tune - 12.06@118.81mph, 1.89 60'

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2015
    Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawineer View Post
    This is like "skinny crackhead light" for anything made recently with even 500hp, let alone mid 600s. That's very close to GT3RS weight. Even more impressive is that it did it with a steel frame.

C7 Z06s were 300lbs heavier. You'd have to go back to the C6Z to find something lighter (3100lbs). One of many reasons I want a C6Z06 race car. Cheapest way to start with 500hp and 3000lbs- that's near F430 Scud stats. I think all those weights are with CCB.

What did the ACR weigh with CCB? It had a lightweight battery too, right?

I've said this before, but if the G5 was on an aluminum frame, it would have been unbelievable. Could you imagine this car 300lbs lighter from the factory? With a weight reduction package (ie: hollow sway bars, fixed back seats, etc). I bet it would be SIGNIFICANTLY faster around the Ring and C&D's lightning lap.
    I forget what my ACR weighed, I'll look up some of my old Nasa classing sheets, but I do remember just switching to Forgelines/Hoosiers it dropped over 80 lbs, that's a massive performance increase everywhere. ACR wheels insanely heavy. If Dodge could have built lighter wheels for it, it would have been 1-2 at every track they broke the record at.

Edit: Just found my classing sheet from Nasa Nationals at cota and my minimum weight was 3450. I weigh 230 and 90 lbs for fuel, so my ACR weighed 3100 even with passenger seat out and a 2 lb lithium battery, and Forgeline/Hoosiers. Probably more like 3100 even as I put a 30 lb pad in there in case the Nasa scales were off.
    Last edited by Arizona Vipers; 1 Week Ago at 12:19 PM.
    Follow my Instagram- @9literviper 830whp 2013 track car, 2016 ACR, 1996 GTS, 2001 RT/10, 2003 SRT/10

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    I forget what my ACR weighed, I'll look up some of my old Nasa classing sheets, but I do remember just switching to Forgelines/Hoosiers it dropped over 80 lbs, that's a massive performance increase everywhere. ACR wheels insanely heavy. If Dodge could have built lighter wheels for it, it would have been 1-2 at every track they broke the record at.

Edit: Just found my classing sheet from Nasa Nationals at cota and my minimum weight was 3450. I weigh 230 and 90 lbs for fuel, so my ACR weighed 3100 even with passenger seat out and a 2 lb lithium battery, and Forgeline/Hoosiers. Probably more like 3100 even as I put a 30 lb pad in there in case the Nasa scales were off.
    Man, imagine if the ACR was 2800lbs (aluminum frame, lighter wheels, lithium battery). It would have been absolutely insane. It would have been eating up hyper-cars of its time.
    2013 GTS- Black w/ Gunmetal stripes. DSC Tractive Coilovers, ACR sways, carbon stuff, TA spoiler.
    2014 BRZ: Race/track car. Full retarded. 2016 Lexus GX460: Full boring

It already did.. and still does.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12