Thread: New Viper Owner

New Viper Owner

Hey all,

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I made a childhood dream happen and bought a 1995 RT/10 in Emerald Green. The drive home was just under 1k miles, and so I feel like I've had some good seat time already. It's everything I dreamed of while playing Gran Turismo 1 so many years ago: lovely, scary powerful, and totally ridiculous. It needs new tires, so I'm just grannying it around town at the moment.

Viper3.jpgviper2.jpg
    Last edited by sethr; 11-27-2022 at 06:26 PM.

Enthusiast
    Nice. Have the head gaskets been done?
    /''[ ]''|[___|___]
    [---T-- L -OlllllllO-]
    ()_)"""()_)/''''''''''\)_)

Yup, all set.

Enthusiast
    Congrats on a dream come true! Nice ride!

Regional Membership Director
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Indiana/Kentucky
    Congrats...and welcome to the ownership experience !!
    I have always been fond of that color.
    I don't send or receive "PM's" since I prefer DIRECT communication.

Enthusiast
    Congrats. They're a load of fun. Get new tires asap though. Mine were 13 years old when I got mine. Great for empty parking lot fun but not much else. Totally different driving experience with fresh rubber.

Congrats on making the dream come true. You will not regret it.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)
    It took me 28 years of dreaming. Reality has been better than the dreams.

Congratulations on the achievement. Drive it and cherish the moments. Those that drive continually fall back in lust.

Where do you live?
    Brian
    98 Ronzello PVP Pilot GT2
    99 ACR

Capital Vipers Facebook Group

Capital Vipers Founding Regional President 2018 - 2021
    Motor City Viper Owners - Associate Member
    Coordinator - Amelia Island Cars & Coffee 2021/2020/2019, Hilton Head Concours 2019, Greenbrier Concours 2018
    Coordinator - Hagerty Partnership
    Coordinator - Spirit of Viper
    GT2 Owners Group

That's awesome congrats!
    2001 Red RT/10

Those tires are great for Walmart parking lot practice. Donuts, burnouts, etc. Get new ones for real play.
    97 Viper GTS --- 99 YZF R1 --- 00 R1100 RT --- 01 Bullet C500 --- 07 Ram 1500 MegaCab --- 09 Triumph America --- 13 Outback 3.6R --- 23 Mazda CX-50 --- 23 Cybertruck DM(on order)

Thanks, everyone! It's super crazy to be a Viper owner. I still don't quite believe it.
    @AviP, hahaha, yeah! I was thinking about trying to do a parking lot donut or two on the way to the tire store when the new tires have arrived!
    @Viperenvy, I'm in central Texas!

Enthusiast
    Had the same feeling when I got mine. Been obsessed with Viper's since they came out when I was in Middle school.

Enjoy man!
    03 C5 Z06 - K&N filter, Corsa Sport Cat Back - Torch Red
    96 Viper GTS - Corsa Cat Back - Blue and White
    02 Honda S2000 - Fujita CAI, Invidia Single Cat Back, Comptech coils - Sebring Silver

VOA Member
    since 2020
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)
    Congratulations! It's cool to see more of the Gran Turismo generation reaching the dream of Viper ownership.
    1996 Viper GTS
    2018 BRZ tS
    Instagram: BRGtS_Devin

Congrats. Always cool to walk out to the garage and just stare. Now go put miles on it!

Quote Originally Posted by sethr View Post
    Hey all,

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I made a childhood dream happen and bought a 1995 RT/10 in Emerald Green. The drive home was just under 1k miles, and so I feel like I've had some good seat time already. It's everything I dreamed of while playing Gran Turismo 1 so many years ago: lovely, scary powerful, and totally ridiculous. It needs new tires, so I'm just grannying it around town at the moment.

Viper3.jpgviper2.jpg
    Where did you buy it? They are kind of hard to find. Only one I know of was up in Upstate NY. Don't even know if it was for sale, but the gentleman was getting elderly.....

@Patentlaw, I found my car on Auto Trader, and it was located in Colorado. It's definitely a rare color; I would have been happy with any color, but I was really excited that this Emerald Green car turned up. I think it looks really, really cool.

@RCR88, you're totally right. I try to go out and look at it whenever I can. It's so surreal to own my childhood dream car.

@Dwhite24, yeah: Vipers were definitely the best factory car in Gran Turismo 1. GT1 was a formative experience for me!

VOA Member
    since 2022
    Oklahoma

Welcome to the club! The VOA really is a good car club try to make it to an event sometime! They presidents do a good job to make it fun and setup nice events! I am in Amarillo if your ever in the area stop by and check out my 94! You'll love owning the car! I will admit dont get discouraged by the occasional rock chip you'll get in the hood just get in and drive it and all your worries will fade away! Im looking to do the full belanger exhaust on mine next and change the head gaskets i guess to those mls ones they say to do..

Hey laney487,

Thanks! I'm really enjoying it. I'll have to check into local Viper clubs and will definitely let you know if I'm up in Amarillo. It'd be fun to hang out. Fortunately/unfortunately, the previous owner lived down a gravel road, so there are some rock chips on the front end. But, that means I won't worry about the occasional new addition to the collection.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Crossroads of America

Join VOA and you will have access to come to the NVE in Colorado this September --- then you can show all the members your Mean Green Machine in persona!

Congrats!!
    Tired and Retired...........just wanna travel or go racing ( autocross or W2W ).

Congrats. Beautiful color!

Thanks, everyone! I just got some new tires put on (thanks, JonB! As is his norm, the tires arrived basically immediately.), and man does the car feel better. Much more planted and sure of itself. I'm enjoying driving it even more, now that I feel so much more confident.