Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coder View Post
    Andy - how long does it take to do the install of the suspension? I'd be driving down from Western Canada... so if it's a 3 day drive there, 3 day drive home.. I'm curious how long you need the car for.

thx man!
    That'll be one hell of a trip... Take pics all along the way and post them up. Lots of scenic areas on the way. Wish I can do a trip like that!!
    94 Supra Turbo // 15 Viper GT // 16 C7Z06 // 17 Mustang GT // 13 Vrod Muscle // 15 IS350 FSport // 03 Civic EX

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by FLATOUT View Post
    Sorry I missed this when you originally posted. These have been great on the track and on the street! CJ Wilson has been flying on these in CA in his 16 ACR and we have had TA, and non TA owners setting personal bests all over the country. We are planning on setting up some demo cars for NVE 2 so you guys can ride along and see how good the car is on the street and the track.

The setup has been really great for drag racing as well. My car has ZERO wheel hop and leaves the line HARD over and over.
    LOL! No problem. Yah....was hearing crickets for a while. Ha Thanks for getting back to me. I had another question about this. I remember possibly reading that this can adjust the ride height? But is that only the way adjustable coil-overs do or can it do it electronically as well? I would love a feature that raises the front ride height for getting in and out of those situations that cause the nose to rub on the underside. For those of us that live where the terrain is anything but flat. 50% of the time I have to pass my driveway, go up the street a bit and do a "U" turn so I can hit the driveway entrance at a safer angle to the nose.

I'll be sending my car up to Prefix for a chop-top Targa. Is it safe to assume this the Dynamic Suspension System package they're offering? That way I can kill two birds.

Correct Prefix buys these from me. No ride height on the fly adjustment unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Mag-Yum View Post
    LOL! No problem. Yah....was hearing crickets for a while. Ha Thanks for getting back to me. I had another question about this. I remember possibly reading that this can adjust the ride height? But is that only the way adjustable coil-overs do or can it do it electronically as well? I would love a feature that raises the front ride height for getting in and out of those situations that cause the nose to rub on the underside. For those of us that live where the terrain is anything but flat. 50% of the time I have to pass my driveway, go up the street a bit and do a "U" turn so I can hit the driveway entrance at a safer angle to the nose.

I'll be sending my car up to Prefix for a chop-top Targa. Is it safe to assume this the Dynamic Suspension System package they're offering? That way I can kill two birds.
    ViperExchange Performance Division Lead
    awheeler@viperexchange.com

2017 GTS-R 004/100

Previous Vipers
    FIRST AND ONLY NA STOCK DISPLACEMENT VIPER IN THE 9's
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDsLWMofP4k
    2015 VIPER GT COMPETITION BLUE 9.95@141.2 2016 & 2017 VIPER NATIONALS NA CLASS WINNER
    2014 SRT VIPER TA BLACK #16 1/4 Mile 10.84@134.97
    2008 ACR GTS BLUE/WHITE
    2003 SRT10 COUPE REAR VERT

Enthusiast
    Andy,

What is necessary for the SRT model? Total cost, do you need to update the panel. If so/option cost for that?
    2015 Silver SRT
    2013 White SRT + Corsa Exhaust (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperSmith View Post
    Andy,

What is necessary for the SRT model? Total cost, do you need to update the panel. If so/option cost for that?
    Yessir you need to upgrade your center stack with the bi mode buttons. The center stack from Mopar retails for close to 700$ but I throw it in at our cost if you buy the suspension from us. The dampers and DSC controller, plus tuning software is 6,700. Our cost on the center stack controls is mid 400's I believe.

2017 GTS-R 004/100

Previous Vipers
    2015 VIPER GT COMPETITION BLUE 9.95@141.2 2016 & 2017 VIPER NATIONALS NA CLASS WINNER
    2008 ACR GTS BLUE/WHITE

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    Andy, I am looking at a used 2014 SRT, if I get it, I will be picking up this suspension from you boys. When you mean you upgrade the center stack, what part are you actually referring to? Got a picture for a novice like me?
    1996 Viper RT/10 #96-0132, 1 of 231 96' RTs (Black w/SS)

Center stack where the hard buttons are there for the climate, radio etc. it's one piece I believe that goes around the navigation.
    94 Supra Turbo // 15 Viper GT // 16 C7Z06 // 17 Mustang GT // 13 Vrod Muscle // 15 IS350 FSport // 03 Civic EX

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Thanks JD, the car I am looking at has the Carbon Fiber interior option. Does replacing the center stack require any change of the factory carbon fiber beauty work in that area. My main reason for asking the question as well as I am still trying to wrap my head around exactly what the piece encompasses. Thanks!

Ahh.. Not too sure. Maybe you can buy the center stack and swap out the switches. If try to keep the carbon surround as its a very nice piece.

Enthusiast
    Yessir you need to upgrade your center stack with the bi mode buttons. The center stack from Mopar retails for close to 700$ but I throw it in at our cost if you buy the suspension from us. The dampers and DSC controller, plus tuning software is 6,700. Our cost on the center stack controls is mid 400's I believe.
    Thanks. It'll be later this year but curious.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    If I have to run something else, other than the carbon fiber factory beauty work in that area, then it is a no go. I am sure Andy will respond when he has time.

Enthusiast
    You can order the Carbon replacement as well. I assume you can easily sell existing the CF central stack to someone

I Had My Center Panel Changed Out, And Have The Carbon Int ,And It All Stays In Tact ,It Is Just The Panel You Change Out ,It's No 10 Minute Change , I Can Say That , VE Has Done A Number Of These, And They Now Have It Down. You Must Take It Slow ,Lots Of Hidden Screws And Bolts. And The Center Console Must Slide Back Too Remove The Center Panel. Had Mine Done At Tators And Morgan At VE,Was Walking Rob Through On What To Remove, Took About 3 Hrs, This Was His 1ST Time Doing This.
    2016 ACR Stryker Purple With GTS Billet Stripes,,,, , 2014 White Grand Cherokee SRT-8 ,2019 Challenger, Plum Crazy Purple ,,, HELLCAT REDEYE,,,,, wide body on order !!!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Thanks Kool! So it changes everything behind the carbon beauty work so when done, you just reinstall the factory beauty work over the new center stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Coloviper View Post
    Thanks Kool! So it changes everything behind the carbon beauty work so when done, you just reinstall the factory beauty work over the new center stack.
    Yes , Snaps Back In ,And Thats It. Clean Install ,Looks Factory Done.
    2016 ACR Stryker Purple With GTS Billet Stripes,,,, , 2014 White Grand Cherokee SRT-8 ,2019 Challenger, Plum Crazy Purple ,,, HELLCAT REDEYE,,,,, wide body on order !!!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Awesome! Awesome! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Coloviper View Post
    Awesome! Awesome! Thank you!
    Thanks Koolasp really what we have to replace is the module but Mopar won't sell it separately so we bought all of the existing surrounds so that we could get the modules. So yes you'll retain all of your factory carbon we'll just update the module to the bi mode buttons! Great questions guys!

Andy

2017 GTS-R 004/100

Previous Vipers
    2008 ACR GTS BLUE/WHITE

Wow, the more an more I read about VE, the more I'm intrigued! I just got into a slightly used 13 GTS. Having driven the new C7 Z06, Lamborghini Hurracan, 458 Italia and a number of other supercars, the one thing I feel my GTS is lacking is in the suspension department. Even with the dual mode, I feel like it just doesn't cut it. Street mode is decent for putting around town, but not confidence inspiring otherwise! The rear end dances a bit too much under hard acceleration and in the canyons is not confidence inspiring. Yet I feel track mode is too stiff for canyon driving and not sophisticated enough to handle technical roads that change rapidly. I have yet to track it.

My question is, seeing how Ralph runs this on this personal Viper and VE has a good relationship with FCA, will this void my 3 year / 36,000 mile extended Mopar warranty?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexius View Post
    Wow, the more an more I read about VE, the more I'm intrigued! I just got into a slightly used 13 GTS. Having driven the new C7 Z06, Lamborghini Hurracan, 458 Italia and a number of other supercars, the one thing I feel my GTS is lacking is in the suspension department. Even with the dual mode, I feel like it just doesn't cut it. Street mode is decent for putting around town, but not confidence inspiring otherwise! The rear end dances a bit too much under hard acceleration and in the canyons is not confidence inspiring. Yet I feel track mode is too stiff for canyon driving and not sophisticated enough to handle technical roads that change rapidly. I have yet to track it.

My question is, seeing how Ralph runs this on this personal Viper and VE has a good relationship with FCA, will this void my 3 year / 36,000 mile extended Mopar warranty?
    What would it void specifically? Replacing suspension parts is no different than replacing exhaust, well at least in my view.
    2015 Silver SRT
    2013 White SRT + Corsa Exhaust (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Rexius View Post

The VE tractive suspension rocks! I've had it on my GTS for 9k miles and it cures all the front end hop on the freeway and it helps lay down the power evenly. I had a friend and viper GTS owner drive mine a couple weeks ago and he couldn't get over how dialed in my suspension was compared to his. As for the warranty I've got a lot of mods and haven't been denied any warranty work what so ever. Also the tractive has its own warranty and when my right rear dampener was clicking Andy replaced it without question, so you're in good hands dealing with him. He even sent the new dampener out first and I put the old one back in the same box and used the prepaid label to ship it back.

Correct Prefix buys these from me. No ride height on the fly adjustment unfortunately.
    The ride height adjustment from the cab, on the fly, however you call it isn't the most difficult thing in the world to accomplish fromman engineering standpoint as clearly it's been done. But as I understand it, it would add A LOT of weight and could compromise the performamce aspect of the suspension. At least that is my understanding. Also, cost of designing would make it pretty pricey because only a certain amount will be sold.

Seems like people love this suspension and the factory look inside. Congratulations on designing such a great product.
    2002 Red Viper GTS...At the Great Racetrack in the Sky
    2006 Red Viper Coupe...Belangers and Corsa
    2004 Black Ram QC Hemi on 35's /Ossur Re-Flex foot & Custom Carbon Fiber Socket

Can't wait to test mine out! Thinking of doing my first track day this year, in 2 weeks, on the stockers, for a fresh comparison.......

I also got one of Andy's surrounds, so there's one less!
    Brad Williams
    2015 Competition Blue SRT - V/E DSC Suspension - TA1 Aero - StopTech's - SW2's with Corsas, Hummer H1, 70 Dodge Charger, BMW R1200GS Rallye, Ducati 999S, etc

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Western Reserve
    Can't wait!!!

Comp Coupe VCC#77 - Complete Performance Motorsports
    2017 Vooodoo II ACR-E
    2014 Viper GTS & 1996 Viper GTS Twin Turbo - Gone, but not forgotten.

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Southern California
    Very cool, that is for sure my next mod....
    Steve 1 of the #100's
    16 ACR E/ 1 of 1 "Bad MF'r" - Billet Silver/ Black & Red w CF int./ ext.
    9.0L/ HC Wow, ARH Headers, Arrow PCM, VE Tractive Suspension

Correct on many points, yes it can be done, yes it's heavy, yes it would change things quite a bit. We played around with different things to accomplish an on the fly adjustment but backed away for some of those reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vprbite View Post
    The ride height adjustment from the cab, on the fly, however you call it isn't the most difficult thing in the world to accomplish fromman engineering standpoint as clearly it's been done. But as I understand it, it would add A LOT of weight and could compromise the performamce aspect of the suspension. At least that is my understanding. Also, cost of designing would make it pretty pricey because only a certain amount will be sold.

Seems like people love this suspension and the factory look inside. Congratulations on designing such a great product.

2017 GTS-R 004/100

Previous Vipers
    2008 ACR GTS BLUE/WHITE

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast