Home Forums VOA Information July 2023 Club News Update

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Jim Johnson

Why is no one using our forum? Mike we need to do something to make our forums relevant Or why have them at all.

• Profile photo ofRichard TarlaianNottaVette

How many Regional presidents are promoting the new Website to their membership?  I know that I could do a better job with this.

How many members know that the old forum information is on the “new” Website?  Of my region, MAYBE half know?  And, I’ll take responsibility for that.

What notifications, from the website, can members or presidents get that the Forum is getting messages or questions posted on it?  Unless a post is created and the “notify me of follow-up replies via email” box is selected, things go unnoticed.  The only way I’ve seen stuff on the new website is if / when I sign into it and peruse around.  It’s one thing to be involved, but I don’t have the time to sign in frequently to see if (maybe) a new member is reaching out to my region or me or looking for information.  Fortunately the membership committee has been great with getting presidents information on new members in order for us to reach out.

I hope that we can come up with a solution to increase the traffic here.  Though we’re expanding into the social media platforms, I believe the relevance of this website is the secure nature for us to collaborate world-wide.

Maybe Shannon can amend this page to send notifications or new threads or posts to the regional presidents “automatically”.  Then allow the presidents the ability to opt out of threads or posts they don’t wish to follow?

Also, the “tags” section…..  How many of our older members know what that’s about?  I don’t think I have a good understanding of it, personally.

Can there be a way to (automatically) add members to their respective regions?  Right now, though I know who my members are, I don’t know how to reach them through the forum.  I currently reach them by their VOA registered emails on my roster, through gmail.  It would be great if I could post a thread for the New England Region and all members attached to New England automatically get a notification from the website.

• Profile photo ofDeanWordGTS Dean

There are TONS AND TONS of useful threads and reference works on the Old Forums. The new Forums are practically DOA. The automatic login ability for a current member to access all photos/attachments in the Old Forum is not working for me, now. Trying to log in directly with current VOA UN/PW does not work there. There seems to be no interest by VOA in having a truly active website forum. That’s fine as long as the old stuff is always there and fully viewable/searchable.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.