Home Forums Gen V 2014 Rebuild Parts wanted

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Still trying to find the Left rear complete knuckle with upper and lower on ebay not bent. The dealer wants 3-4k for just the knuckle thats alittle much.

as well as the Right side rocker and TR6060 extension housing. Nearing the end of the build now frame and fire wall is on order.

• Profile photo ofviperguy69viperguy69

Alternative to spending $3-$4K on the right part is to simply take the opposite knuckle you need from a GEN III/IV vehicle and flip it over.  You would still need to keep the Left side upper and lower control arms but the Gen III/IV arms are no different that I can tell, just a different part number on them as well.

I asked about the knuckles while on a factory tour back in 2016 at the plant as to why they would produce a new part with a new part number when I could not just flip the knuckles over and save $3K… The guy giving us the tour just smiled and gave a thumbs up.  When the tour was done he pulled me aside and said that is all they did to the new part was to put a new part number on the opposite knuckle from the previous generation when casting the mold; that there were no geometry differences between the parts.

I have had zero issues with my Gen V using this process, paying $450 per knuckle back about 9-years ago.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo ofviperguy69viperguy69.
    • Spenny L

Thank you so much for that! I have been questioning that for a couple months now.

• ViperGeorge

Your title says you are working on a 2014 so not it is not an ACR.  For reference though, ACR right side rockers are discontinued and are virtually unobtainable.  Non-ACR rockers are still available from Dodge or were last time I checked.  The ACR and non-ACR rockers are different where the exhaust comes out.  The non-ACR has a silver bezel around the outlet and the exhaust outlet is oval on a non-ACR.  An ACR rocker does not use the silver bezel and the exhaust hole is more round as the ACR’s exhaust tip is round not oval.  Given this if you do find a right side rocker make sure it is not an ACR rocker or your left and right sides would be different.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by ViperGeorge.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.