Home Forums Gen I / Gen II Clown’s shoe or Batman’s car??

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Profile photo ofRichard TarlaianNottaVette

Good day fellow G1 and G2 owners!!  Had to make a “funny” thread about our G1’s and G2’s……….

Though I can see both POV’s on how our cars could look like a Clown shoe or Batman car, how funny is it that our G2’s (and G1’s) are still the iconic Viper of all?  Yeah, G5’s might be considered the pinnacle of the Vipers and they don’t get the same funny expressions as ours.  But for a “Clown shoe / Batman’s car”…..  GOTTA LOVE the G1’s and G2’s.

‘Nuff said to start a chat??  Let’s hear it and have some fun.

• Profile photo ofMichael Kuchavik JrKuchavik Jr

I  cant tell you how many events ive gone to and people have asked if its a lamborghini, ferrari, etc no its a dodge viper .

• Profile photo ofRichard TarlaianNottaVette

How many ask; “V-12”?  Or say; “Wow, you don’t see those very often!”  Or my favorite; “Does it really try to kill you?”  Or how about; “how fast have you gone in it?, How much does it cost?, Do they still make these?, That’s my dream car!, (on G1’s); How do you get into the car?  Where are the side windows?  Plus many more.

I brought my wife to a show last year and the questions about my ’01 that she overheard gave her the idea to create a “Viper Bingo”….  standard bingo board with the “usual” questions sporadically placed upon the board.  Other than the opportunity to shout “bingo”, I haven’t come up with a prize yet.  LOL

• Ryan Leffas

I have a 2002 GTS and always joke that if you look at it straight on from the front, it reminds me of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle’s head with the eye mask going across the windshield.

-Ryan

• Brent Barr

My personal favorite was my local god awful Dodge Dealer saying to me “Mr. Barr it’s a 30 year old car, we have a $100,000 Wagoneer right over there” after they destroyed my one stanchion and got super glue on my paint then acted like I was being extra about a measly old worthless Dodge.

This is why I have a vinyl banner in my garage of cartoon Calvin pissing on their dealership logo.

• Profile photo ofDeanWordGTS Dean

There are still people at the local dealership here that remember the days that my ’93 Black RT and my ’96 GTS arrived at their store to be unloaded off the transporter. They don’t do much work on the car anymore. But when they do, they certainly treat it like they did 27 and 30 years ago.

• Brent Barr

Consider yourself very lucky. My ordeal dragged on for months and cost me over $1000 out of my pocket. After fighting with the Service Manager, Sales Manager (one who personally damaged my car) and the Owner, I was reimbursed for roughly half of what the mess cost me. The kicker was I took it there for an alignment which they were unable to complete because they “didn’t have the appropriate tools and it would take them too many hours” and still charged me $100. Every time I drive by in one of my Vipers and someone is outside I promptly rev it and give them the one finger salute.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by Brent Barr.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.