Home Forums Gen V Exterior Door Handle

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

HELP! My driver side exterior door handle quit working while on our road trip to the NVE. So far, everywhere I have checked has told me they can’t get a replacement. Anyone have any experience with rebuilding the stock switch? Or any thoughts on how I can find a replacement?

• Profile photo ofShawn HawalkaHootie

Have you tried x2builders.com?  They have a ton of parts from various damaged cars.

• Preston Potratz

I will give them a try. Thanks.

• Preston Potratz

No luck with x2Builders.

By chance anyone know of some outfit that could rebuild the existing switch/motor for the door latch?

• Profile photo ofShawn HawalkaHootie

I’d try http://www.powerwindowrepair.com. They are out of Arizona. They rebuilt both of my window regulators and did a great job. I know a lot of other owners have used their services for window regulators as well and always hear good things. They do list door lock actuators, handles and latches as a service they offer as well as windows. Without knowing details of your specific issue I can’t provide anything further, but worth a call to see if they can help. 480-570-5116 is their number.

• Preston Potratz

Well, I checked with Power Window Repair and they said they don’t do door latches. They were very responsive, and replied to my email within minutes, so wouldn’t hesitate to give them a shot when my window regulator goes out (again).

Thanks for the recommendation though.

• ViperGeorge

Is that part # 6809 6396 AD?  Check with JonB at Partsrack.

• Kirk Eschete

GET YOUR LOCAL DEALER TO ORDER YOU THE RECALL HANDLES FOR THE 2014 MODELS NUMBER IS CBAFR141AA THIS HAS BOTH DRIVER AND PASSENGER OUTSIDE HANDLE

• ViperGeorge

Is the recall part even available from a dealer?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.