Home Forums Midwest Regions Indiana / Kentucky IN/KY VOA..REMINDER..Mtg at Noon EDT, Sat 6/10/23 at Moonshine Store, Illinois

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

IN/KY VOA…REMINDER…Meeting at Noon (EDT) on SATURDAY, JUNE 10, 2023 at Moonshine Store, Martinsville, ILLINOIS

REMINDER:

Our lunch and June VOA monthly meeting will start at 12-Noon (EDT…which is 11 AM Local time) on June 10th at the Moonshine Store in Martinsville, ILLINOIS.

Come visit us for a nice drive, good food, and great conversations!!
      Moonshine Store

6017 E. 300th Road

Martinsville, IL   62442

(317) 739-0378

Menu:  https://www.moonshineillinois.com/menu

Sorry for the delay in this reminder… I have been keeping a close eye on this weekend’s rain forecast.  Rain showers have pushed to Sunday sufficiently to proceed with the drive.

The weather forecast for Saturday currently as:
      –          Partly Cloudy
      –          A starting temperature of 70 degrees at 10am
      –          A high of 80 degrees by 2:00pm

Travel Details:  I plan to stop at the Shell / TA Travel Center located on the Southwest corner of the I-70 and 39 interchange.  We will gather between 10:00am and 10:15am.

WARNING:  This Shell / TA Travel Center has recently experience a failure of their below ground storage tank holding premium fuel  (i.e. – tank has experienced water infiltration)  This location ONLY HAS REGULAR FUEL ON OFFER – PLEASE FUEL BEFORE ARRIVING.  If you require fuel, there is a Love’s Travel Stop on the Northeast corner of this interstate interchange.

We will DEPART at 10:15AM EDT SHARP!!!  We will take I-70 west for approximately 80 miles to exit 136 at Martinsville, IL and head SOUTH on N. Cleone Rd (also County Rd. 700 E) which becomes  North York Street (also State Hwy. 9 ) through the town of Martinsville, IL where you will be on South York St. (also called State Hwy. 5) and then turn RIGHT ( Southwest) onto S. Jefferson St. which quickly turns SOUTH.  South Jefferson St. becomes County Rd 700 E.  Then turn WEST onto West Schofield St. to North Creek Rd. where you TURN SOUTH and follow North Creek Rd. approximately 12 miles as it turns into North 600th St.  The Moonshine Store is at the intersection of North 600th St. and State Rd. 16 (also marked E. 300th Rd.).

NOTE:  We will be crossing time zones as our destination is located in Central Time Zone.

The Club will be paying for this lunch.

As Always, ALL Viper Owners are WELCOME !!

Best Regards,

James Jackson,  President, VOA IN/KY Region, Inc.
      (317) 601-9759

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.