Home Forums General Quest for 275 plus MPH

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

It’s been a long time since I’ve posted anything on the build for Blucifer, my 2006 Viper coupe. It will have been 4 years this coming Jan since I drove it to 252.588 MPH and a lot of delays between Covid and life in general but hopefully I’m closing in on that next attempt. I’m optimistic that I can get it to the 275 to 285 MPH range with the new build, lots more WHP, torque and so many mods I’ve lost track of them. It’s still not back together but I’ve got some extra help, all the components have arrived, and now it’s just a matter of assembling everything. I will start posting more and sharing pictures of the build as it comes together. Always happy to listen to anyone’s thoughts and suggestions on improvements etc. I’m so looking forward to that view over the hood heading down the runway again. 

• Steve Fess

Good to see your update !!

Hopefully, it will all come together…including the weather.

Best of luck to you !!!

• Profile photo ofDeanWordGTS Dean

I love your detailed updates on the car, so keep them coming. Stay safe out there!

• David Miller

• David Miller

Transmission mount for the 6XD sequential. Gearhead Fabrication in Jenson Beach FL built and installed the mount. Blucifer is now at P1 in Sanford Florida getting the new Nth Moto quad carbon clutch installed along with explosion proof bellhousing indexed. If it all comes together, I want to run in Loring Maine sometime in July. Goal is still something between 275 and 285 MPH. After clutch and bellhousing, it goes back to Gearhead for more fabrication work. 

• Brent Barr

I believe I seen this car at a Viper shop just outside of Orlando. Where one of mine sat in pieces for 2 years…..mine is now at Havik Performance in PA and finally back together and running. Actually think I have pictures of Blucifer in pieces next to mine 😂

• Brent Barr
    • Brent Barr
    • David Miller

Hey Brent, yes that’s Blucifer. I just picked it up from P1 in Sanford FL and it’s heading back to Gearhead Fabrication in Jenson Beach. P1 indexed the explosionproof bellhousing and Alex got it to .003 which is an amazing feat. I will be making an attempt at 275+ MPH in the coming months. Really looking forward to driving it and seeing what it will do.

• David Miller
      • Brent Barr

Man what a small world! I remember the sticker on the windshield of yours and I was like “Holy crap this is the Viper record holder!”. I’m glad you found P1, I’ve heard nothing but awesome things about them. I got tired of waiting for my car to be worked on and in that two years I ended up back up here in Pennsylvania. So I just pulled it out and brought it up here. Havik’s done some crazy stuff with it so far.

Excited to see you go for 275+! You have to post updates!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.