Home Forums Midwest Regions Indiana / Kentucky Ray Sweers’ 6th Annual Fall Viper Gathering/Cruise-In, Oct 14, 2023 Elkhart, IN

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

This Annual Viper Gathering is a fantastic event…lots of Vipers (30-40+) from Indiana, Illinois, and Michigan.

ALL Viper Owners are invited…noting that there are usually several Viper trucks as well.

“Hello Everyone:

We will have the Viper event again this year and the date will be Saturday the 14th of October.   Please mark your calendar and spread the word to any fellow Viper or Viper truck owners you can find.

Details will follow as the date draws near and the itinerary will be similar to last year: We’ll gather late morning, have lunch, listen to music, look and talk about cars, take pictures, have a little Viper discussion, pass out door prizes and play some pinball.  Also end up by going for a color tour around the river here in Elkhart (hopefully keep the cars together this year !).

Last year we had a great car count and of course we’d like to continue to grow.

Please let me know if you plan to attend as I will start my attendees list ASAP.   I will need your name and guest name, year and color of vehicle and where you are coming from.

More to follow !

Thanks,
      Ray Sweers
      574/ 215-8777 (cell)”

• Steve Fess

From Ray:

“Hello Everyone:

We have rescheduled the ViperGathering in Elkhart, Indiana to occur on Saturday October 28th.

The weather forecast for this Saturday the 14th is calling for rain, rain and more rain…

Please let me know as soon as possible if you can attend on the 28th so that I can update or add you to the attendee list.  I would like to hear from everyone who was currently registered whether or not you are coming on the 28th.

I will also make this announcement in the Facebook forums but please spread the word to anyone you might know who was planning to attend the event on the 14th.

Thanks,
      Ray Sweers”

• Steve Fess

Removed because of duplication…Sorry !

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Steve Fess.
    • Steve Fess

ANOTHER UPDATE FROM RAY SWEERS:

“Hello Fellow Viper Enthusiasts:

I have been able to contact almost all of the people who were registered for tomorrow (the 14th) and verify that they knew the date had been changed to the 28th due to rain.   We did have a few people who unfortunately could not attend on the 28th but we were able to pick up some folks who couldn’t make it on the 14th.  So we maintain a pretty healthy registrant list for the 28th but we would certainly be happy for more.

If you are planning to attend but have not received an acknowledgement from me either by email or Facebook please contact me again to make sure you are on our registrant list.  I want to be certain that we have plenty of food and gifts for everyone !

And also please reach out to any Viper or RAM SRT-10 truck owners to encourage them to email or call me for more information or to register.

This year we will again have some unique gifts and door prizes.  We have a neat map for the 50 minute color tour.  We have 10 pinball machines up and running and some are for sale.  There will be folks both looking to buy and there are a couple Vipers I know of which are for sale.   And of course some general discussion and lots of food and music and lots of people to meet and compare notes with.

Stay tuned for updates.  I plan to send the itinerary to registrants a week before the event.

Thanks,
      Ray Sweers
      574/ 215-8777”

• Steve Fess

UPDATE from Ray:

“Hello Everyone:

I’ve been watching the weather forecast closely and it has improved a bit over the past few days for Saturday.  Right now it looks like some light rain is possible late Friday evening and into Saturday until about 4:00 AM.  Then dry all day Saturday until 11:00 pm.  So if the weather forecast stays like this we are certainly on for Saturday…

The plan is to continue to watch the weather forecasts and make the final call Thursday early afternoon.   If we remain green lighted that e-mail will contain our schedule.

Stay tuned and fingers crossed !

Ray Sweers”

• Steve Fess

“Hello Everyone:

Our gathering WILL TAKE PLACE THIS SATURDAY THE 28th !

Looks like the weather window will be good all day Saturday.  Some chance of sprinkles Friday evening and Saturday evening.

Should anyone get caught in any rain on the way here we do have two wash bays and clean city water to rinse things off.

It’s a bummer that we had to delay our event from the 14th to the 28th but the color on the trees right now is peak !

If anyone still wants to attend but hasn’t received verification from me that you are registered please contact me ASAP.

We have what appears to be a strong group signed up for our event.

Good Stuff !

Ray Sweers”

Hello:

This video was taken by our fellow Viper owner Gordon Mock last year.  The music is from our very own Crew Chief Mike Howard and his band is called the Tentikills.

Note:  Might take half a minute or so to load…

2022 Viper Midwest – PAN – YouTube

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Steve Fess.
    • Steve Fess
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.