Home Forums Viper Detailing Tips & Tricks Si02 wet applied coatings.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

FYI if you want an easy way to increase your shine and water beading I recommend Aerolon Tech Shine. I’ve tried several SiO2 coatings & I keep coming back to this. Aerolon Show Polish is another great light polish and wax. After spending about 2/3rds of my career in Automotive Paint I can endorse both products. You can watch YT videos on the products. I use Meguiar’s Ultimate Wash & Wax as my car wash soap. Make sure to use a grit guard in the bottom of your bucket.

• mkviper96

Thanks for the recommendation. I will have to try Aerolon Tech Shine.

• Chad Quick

I found an even better Sio2 coating. McKees Hydro Blue Pro. Really impressed with this one. A bit more expensive overall. I covered 2 vehicles with the 22 ounce spray bottle. Just follow the instructions and watch the videos. It “plays well” with the Aerolon as well. I only buy both when they are on sale.

• Frank Palazzo

And for anyone as lazy as I am, the is Auto Magic Hydroshine.  All I do is wash the car using a wash mitt, two buckets of water , one with Wash & Wax the other starting as clean water to dunk and wring out the wash mitt, then after immediately after rinsing the car, while it is still soaking wet, I just mist the car with a spray bottle of this product and dry the car.  Done, nice shine that is reinforced with each washing and no white residue anywhere.  Quick, easy and effective.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.