Home Forums Gen V SRT Six Vent Hood Wanted

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Looking for a Gen 5 SRT six vent hood in excellent condition. Will purchase outright or preferably trade my perfect two vent GTS hood. Mine is Viper Black and is the original hood on my 2013 model. I know some people like one better than the other. I believe any of the Gen 5 hoods are interchangeable. Correct me if I’m wrong on that. Thanks guys.

• Profile photo ofShawn HawalkaHootie

I’ve seen a couple pop up on Facebook but typically require repair. Might want to keep an eye out over there. Maybe try X2builders.com as well. Good luck on the search!

• Matt Dillon

GL, I’ll keep an eye out for you if I see one. What made you want to change to the 6 vent instead of the 2 vent, I never even considered anything but the 6 vent, to me it looks so much better but I guess it’s just a personal preference

• Nick Smith

Hey Matt. I bought my ‘13 GTS used with 3000 miles. Really great car. Black, of course. Came with the two vent hood. I admit to vacillating on which hood I like better. If I can find a 6 vent, I’ll get it and install it and probably love it. If not – I’ll have two hoods ! When I purchased the car it still had the original Perellis and they looked fine, very little wear. But I didn’t want to take a chance so put on new Michelin SP4s. Didn’t want to separate the original Rattler Hypers so ordered new Venom Hypers which I have on the car now along with the new Michelins. Turns out I’m about 50-50 on the wheels. Both look great on the car. I’m thinking it’ll probably work out that way if I find the 6 vent hood. Every time I look at that car it makes me happy, so as I keep looking for a new hood I’m a happy camper in the meantime. What year is your Viper ? And is it an SRT or were you able to specify the six vent on a GTS ? Thanks.

• Evan Singham

they go for about 15/16k

• Matt Dillon

Sorry I’m just now getting back Nick but mine’s an Red 13′ SRT with only 4k miles on it & I just drove it back & forth to Baton Rouge to West Monroe, La. but when I bought it it had Everything I was wanting in a Viper from the smoke colored wheels, the 6 vent hood &  the Red color with really low miles!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.