Home Forums Welcome to the Viper Club “Sticky” thread for website suggestions?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Can there be a sticky thread for website suggestions?

I will make this suggestion, can we add a “like” button to each post. We could then signify ones agreement with the post. Just a thought.

Regardless, nice work. I can’t imagine the amount of work required. Glad the Association is on solid footing and moving forward. A modern website will only enable growth into the future.

• Chad Quick

Another suggestion. Can we add a new posts button? This was really convenient before to get caught up since the last visit. TIA

• Profile photo ofRonald SteneViperSRT

Hi Chad.  I made that suggestion some time ago, but it seems that they completely ignore anything I type.  This place is dead with a capital D.  Given that they eliminated a significant number of previous posters on the old forum you would think that the powers that be, those that made or supported such a decision, would make a concerted effort to initiate conversations.  But alas we have near silence.  I have left this forum tab open on my PC and check once in a while for any activity. That will cease soon as we migrate to other forms of communication.  Which will happen soon enough given the current trend.

• Shannon Whitehead
          Keymaster

Working on it people. It doesn’t happen overnight.

• Chad Quick

I just noticed there is no reply with the previous thread comment in quotes ??? I might not of found it. If so please educate me. TIA

• mkviper96

Now that we have a new membership committee with a few volunteers. It would be helpful for this team to capture all ideas that members want as features, and we will put priorities on those items. Their role is to improve the membership experience. Capturing all ideas and putting priorities will help members see the action plan.

Currently Shannon is focused on some regional needs for operations. He is about half way done. Should be finished in the next two weeks. After that he will be back on members list.

So, if we can get members to add all their wants in this thread then the membership committee can give Shannon the list.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and patience.

• ViperGeorge

The response times on the new site are quite slow.  Is there anything that can be done to speed it up?

Also, while I certainly agree that the enthusiasts that were on the old site should have joined the club but banning them from posting has really impacted forum discussions.  There are way fewer posts than before.  At this rate the forums won’t last long as people move to the Alley or some other site.

• Shannon Whitehead
        Keymaster

Cache has been enabled to speed up the site.  It’s working pretty fast for me.  Is it any better for you?

• ViperGeorge

Yes, faster.  Thanks.

• Profile photo ofCraig Wenskovitch’93 RT/10

Is there a way to reset the password for the old read only forum?

I do not remember my password and would like to log in as I was trying to go through some old threads with pictures.  None of the pictures can be viewed unless you are logged in.

• Shannon Whitehead
        Keymaster

Please contact me directly so I can see if there is anything that can be done.  That environment is so fragile it has been locked down to read only.  sting@thegraphicsstation.com.  Email me. Thx.

• NWA_Viper

I too would love to have pictures in the old forum available. I still reference many threads but they’re difficult without images.

• Profile photo ofSteve FessSteve-Indy

I am very sorry to see that hot links to specific topics in the old forums do not work.

Hopefully this can be fixed !!

• Profile photo ofSteve FessSteve-Indy

I am pleased to say that the same hot link that I had trouble with two days ago does indeed work today.

Go figure !!   🙂

• Profile photo ofRichard TarlaianNottaVette

Website suggestion:  At the top of the thread, each page, can we include the thread topic / title?  I see that the thread title is at the bottom of the page in the “Reply” section.  And that’s good to have as well.  But I found myself reading through comments and forgetting what the thread was about.

Organization of some states within regions looks like it needs some updating.  Members in Delaware, for example, may miss out on information or opportunities because they’re not listed / categorized in the appropriate region.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.