Home Forums Gen III / Gen IV Up grade suspension

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

My car is bottoming out when I track it. Also it sits very low. It has stock shocks and springs.  2008 with 34300 miles. I track it 2 to 3 times a year. What coilovers would you recommend? Looking at Aldan American Double Adjustable, or BC coilovers. Thanks for the help.

• Profile photo ofMichael Kuchavik JrKuchavik Jr

I would go with the BC racing coil overs they are a better quality product. While you’re in there make sure you check the rear lower shock mount and check your control arm bushings. The factory shocks are probably pretty tired causing you to bottom out on the track.  Check out Doug Shelby Engineering’s lower shock mount. The last time i looked up coilovers for a customer amazon had the best price on BC Racing coilovers. You can also look into Penske racing shocks but they are pricey last time i looked they were almost 6k at my cost.

• Thomas Frey

Thanks for the information.

• Wesley Angelotti

I used Motec Moton shocks, fully adjustable and with dampers.  I tracked that car regularly before the ACR arrived.  But Mike Jr, is right if you’re gonna upgrade the shocks it would be a great time for control arm and sway bar bushings.  All I can say is don’t try and press them out, just heat them out with a torch.  Trust me.

• Thomas Frey

Thanks for the info.

• Chris Day

In a similar situation – I’ve decided to go with the penskes I think, but thoughts on those vs the KW V3s would be appreciated. A few more questions for those in the know:

Is the rubbing on full suspension compression normal? I’m assuming an adjustable coilover will allow me to tune that out, or at least make it not awful. I’ve got some nice wear marks on the splash guards which I’m sure will be fun to replace.

Is there a suggested vendor? Other than Penske themselves I guess.

I’m assuming they don’t come with springs. Is there any prior art on how to choose a set of springs or can/should I just reuse the factory?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.