Home Forums General Viper Windschields

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Though I am retired I still get phone calls from many old friends ( who also happen to have been customers ) and of late a major concern is for windshields and I have to admit I knew this was an issue a few years back but I was naive enough to believe something like a windshield ( and what they charge for one ) would be worthwhile to continue to make. Apparently they are still unobtainium , though a Dealer in Michigan seems to have 4 of them, but has anyone come across a company that is producing these for the many years Snakes were built? I had a source in Blair , and he did quite a few windshields for us at Woodhouse , but he can no longer get any and he is in the business. It seems like MoPar or Dodge would make sure to get this relatively simple part in stock as they could pretty much charge what they wanted and since most of us will probably have some of cost covered by insurance this seems like a no brainer. If anyone out there has any news do drop a note, and Dodge, if you are listening, please get off your glass and get some made!

• Jack Jones

The four in Michigan are gone. I was lucky enough to get one. I also found another one so will keep one on hand. I talked to someone at Pittsburg Glass and he said it should not be too hard to find a windshield for a Viper from a dealer. Serious disconnect between plant and real world.

• Steve Fess

Glad to hear that you found one !

Happy Thanksgiving !!

• Jack Jones

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.