Home Forums General VOA Priorities

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Anyone else think ‘Spirit of Viper’ is just a waste of time?  I mean come on. This is just so elitist like we’re Ferrari snobs. It’s a DODGE. How does this effort help a VOA member at all??
      I’d rather see the VOA do something that affects its members. Quit playing prestigious pompous games and use money to get Gen 1/2 headlights made. Use money to buy specialty tools that can be loaned to members. Those can be members only benefits. Open the forum back up. It’s a ghost town in here. Ditch the mag as an included perk; if you want it, it’s a separate charge. Not digital vs print. I’m talking 100% separate. If it dies off, well, oh well. Many of us are paying for these elitist ‘services’ and personally they kinda suck. I’d rather VOA have a DRB tool and subscription to WiTech so we can borrow from VOA when needed.
      Cars are getting older. We need parts and support. We don’t need to pretend we’re tuxedo laiden kings.
      The masses are watching Calvo/nth cars dominate the world. Trying to figure out how to fix their windows. Having a savings account dedicated to headlights. Running to incompetent dealers to have a throttle relearn done. That’s the community I see. Support them. I don’t really care if Jim Bob that made my hood 20 years ago has a birthday today.
      I got the Spirit of Viper email this morning and I’m just ranting how this has absolutely ZERO effect on my ownership experience, meanwhile the real problems owners are having are never mentioned.
      Before you tell me to volunteer to change things, I tried. I was in a region, tried to be involved. Despite repeated asking, I was never told how many members we had, who they were, what our budget was, etc. I left and am a member of a different region now because the first one was a train wreck. Nothing like 1 ‘event’ a year which was a Cars and Coffee (We still had to pay to go!). Or a dinner that had 1 Viper and a half dozen Mclaren guys…having food on what I imagine was the VOA’s dime. However, my current region is much better.
      I run the NJ VOA Facebook group. And later today I’m changing it from a VOA group to just a local Viper group (sound familiar?). I’m here to support owners, not a fancy pants club that thinks we should all be profanity/humor free and bowing down to factory workers from 25 years ago.  I don’t care who built my car and why. I care that getting new TPMS sensors can be a nightmare without the DRB tool and that if I crack my windshield I’m going on a nationwide hunt for a new one.
      Have a great day guys.
      /rant

• Profile photo ofShawn Romigstr5010

If I’m not mistaken Spirit of Viper is privately funded and run by volunteers on their own time. I don’t think VOA funds are used for it all. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

• Profile photo ofShawn HawalkaHootie

If that’s the case then cool!  As long as my dues aren’t paying for dinners for it I’m good.

• Profile photo ofShawn Romigstr5010

<p style=”text-align: right;”>As such I don’t see it as a waste of time as the history of the program and the people who forged its success are important to preserve.</p>

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.